Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: How to Build Solos

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/how-to-build-solos-guitar-beginner

Everyone wants to know how to build guitar solos on their own, but they think it happens naturally. It doesn’t. In this lesson, we’re going to identify the basic melody, begin adding notes, then learn how to use the major scale to build scale licks.

1 Like

Neither of these tab links worked for me. All I got was "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. "

1 Like

Hi @thehappyhalls Jamey tell me what type of device and web browser are you using. Just tested the downloads on my PC using Chrome works no problem.

2 Likes

Mozilla Firefox. I’ll try Chrome. Thanks!

2 Likes

That did the trick! Awesome sauce, thanks, brother.

4 Likes

Glad to be of help applaud

3 Likes

New question, for the Big Cheese, BB. I’m pretty bad about following your instructions to the letter, which I guess makes me a bad student. But I had the tune in my ear and had the key right, so I picked out the melody on my own, away from the computer. I watched the video later. I had the fingering just like you did it, but I alternated pick strokes on the basic melody, instead of doing everything on the downstroke like you did, BB. Trouble is, I tried to downstroke it, but dang, alternating the pickstroke sure feels smoother and easier, and consequently, of course, I like it a lot better.

Will that be a big problem going forward, when I add pickstrokes and scale notes? Doesn’t seem like it, but I defer to your wisdom (mostly), BB - you’re a God to me! BTW, I’m really glad to HAVE the tabs, especially when I get stuck on something, but otherwise don’t like to look at them much. So I don’t think I’ll have a lot of confusion on that point.

Many thanks! Sorry to be such a pain :nerd_face:

1 Like

You don’t want me as a god, trust me :joy::joy::joy:

Yep, it’s fine to alternate those strokes on quarter notes.

2 Likes