Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: G to C Swing Chord Transitions

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/g-to-c-swing-chord-transitions-guitar-advanced

You’re going from G to C like the next guy, but you want to add some sparkle. Well, here you go! Katy Lou teaches us some awesome 7th chord shapes to spruce up that rhythm of yours!

12 Likes

Wow this is real tasty!!

4 Likes

Katy Lou is my hero! I wanna learn some of that Bob Wills kind of stuff.

4 Likes

Good stuff - I’ve got to get my fingers off autopilot now!

3 Likes

This has inspired me to revisit the Faded Love lesson (listed under Swing Chords). Good stuff!

5 Likes

Great harmony in the DUMM DA DA DUMM— and a fun lesson for us banjo players on the G – C transition in the song

4 Likes

Do you have the banjo part worked up?

1 Like

Love these swing guitar lessons, but can’t hear guitar much, banjo way too loud in the mix.

1 Like

Well read the 11 months ago message but as was first time I watched this and enjoyed it thought I would contribute . Often I have formed a G7 by using top 3 strings fretted GBF then leaving others open and as in this lesson just sort of chugged it as it was transition chord the higher strings being GB and another G.

Of course this version makes it moveable but have found the form I use does sound with 4th Finger removed makes for passable A7 and B7 . What it does always show me and whilst not a master for sure but do know where to pick up notes on the fretboard you can never see enough.

For those that enjoyed this lesson I remember some that involved Tony Wray and some interesting F Chords for Transition and G to C and a different way of constructing a EM9 I think.

Thank you as always keen to learn this things often the high F being grabbed of course works but can sometimes just sound too high.