Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: G Major Scale Study

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/g-major-scale-study-guitar

This lesson is a technique and speed-building monster, and one that every single guitar player should be familiar with. We’re going to learn the G major two-octave scale in two different positions, then build speed by learning the circular scale I developed.

Hi Ben, this lesson is taking hours to load and play. My PC works fine on every other site so I think it is on your end.

Interesting, it’s loading fine on my end. I don’t know what’s up.

1 Like

Loaded up nice and fast for me. Can you try refreshing the page and viewing it again? Or maybe try a different browser? I’m on Google Chrome.

2 Likes

No problems with it here. I’m running Chrome on a PC and firefox on a Mac

1 Like

Working fine in Scotland, What Web browser are you using ?

1 Like

Ive heard ben say a few times on the videos that its important to always alternate pick. Whats the reasoning for this? It seems to be easier to just feel the picking and sometimes during my alternate picking if im going from the A to D string for example to do two down strokes in a row. Should i try and break this habit?

1 Like

Very important for power, speed, tone, and evenness. Most all advanced players in bluegrass adhere to this, though there are some exceptions. Please do try it and see what happens when you commit to it, it will be tough at first, of course.

1 Like