Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Chinquapin Hunting- Build-a-Break & Harmony!

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/chinquapin-hunting-build-a-break-harmony-guitar-intermediate

There’s not any fluff here, but a whole lot of geetar! The advanced break is tough but rewarding for those who pursue it. And, get you a friend and hit the woods together for this harmony!

8 Likes

Getting this error, Ben…

4 Likes

Chinquapin is a kind of tree that produces cheasnuts! I looked it up before u even said u didn’t know what it meant. :laughing:
I absolutely love the lesson!

4 Likes

Hi @BanjoBen Have you updated TablEdit to Version 3 ?

Getting error messages trying to open the TEF files for this lesson

3 Likes

Yes I have, is that the issue?

2 Likes

Never mind… I’m good now!!

Some version incompatibility between the viewer and editor. Not sure why it wasn’t downward compatible.
Also error message was slightly misleading. But I updated the viewer and it seems to work now.

2 Likes

Yes, That’s the issue I was telling you about. Any files created or saved using Version 3 won’t open in Ver 2.xxx

Don’t know how this will effect TefVeiw.

I reinstalled Ver. 2.xx and have both Versions on my computer. I try to stick with Ver 2.xxx

3 Likes

Hi Archie, OK, it works with TefView 3.00 a2d that I have upgraded to now.

2 Likes

Thanks John. I know, just that many of Ben’s students use older versions and we were trying to avoid using Ver 3 until they had sorted all the bugs.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea, probably the way to go about.

1 Like

I don’t know where to find the last version. I tried the 2.71 on the site but my computer won’t let me install.

1 Like

Hi Ben

Did you download Ver 3.0 to your download folder and then install or did you just do an automatic install.

Check your download folder to see if there is a copy of the older version is there.

Are you using a Mac or PC ?

1 Like

Seems like the 2 available tabledit versions for Mac cannot be installed on the same OS. They are mutually exclusive for the OSes.

2 Likes

Yep, then that’s why. I don’t have the preview .dmg file unfortunately. “Matthew” is going to have to get his stuff together for me to continue using his program.

2 Likes

Yeah… And I don’t know how big deal this is unless many complain. I’m hoping people might be able to figure out by themselves of the viewer upgrade unless they email you if/when run into this issue.

2 Likes

Matthieu has a forum here https://groups.io/g/tabledit to discuss issues about the software that you may have. We will do our best to resolve any issues we know about.

I will say as a long time user I am really unhappy with this new upgrade version of TablEdit it has created more problems than it has resolved.

4 Likes

I so love this tune, and the Advanced version is so fun!

2 Likes

This is my favorite lesson so far. Transferable principles that sound awesome. It is easy for me to learn tunes. But I’ve played for 25 years and I always long to be a musician. Not just a tune machine.

Thanks Ben. This will be my daily warm up for a while, and a fun pool to splash in!

3 Likes

welcome to site

1 Like