Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Blessed Assurance on Guitar

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/blessed-assurance-on-guitar-guitar-advanced

A crosspicking workout that also brings tears to my eyes, this classic hymn has it all! This is my story, this is my song!

4 Likes

Sounds great! Nice arrangement! I look forward to working through it.

1 Like

Nice playing on that Ben. It is more difficult than it sounds.

1 Like

Yay… the guitar version is out!! I was looking forward to it… It is going to be fun learning this. This is one of the what I would think/say tempo-independent song, meaning it should sound equally good in slower pace, so I’m thinking learning should not be too hard. With tef file… But Ben, looks like the guitar tef file is missing. ;-(

1 Like

Agreed. I am pretty slow, but sounds great slow. On the TEF file, I got it from the link. There are two tabs, 1 for mando and 2 is GTR. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi Mike, I’m slow too, btw. But I’m not sure I see the 2 tef tabs, if I’m looking at the correct place.

Sorry, I didn’t explain that well… it’s a single TEF file. There are 2 tabs in TablEdit in the upper right corner (on my version of TableEdit anyway). Clicking 1 gets the mando and 2, the GTR.

Got it now, cool, thanks!!

Looks like it is going to take a while for me to even play at slow speed. especially the triplets… Excellent arrangement, and thanks for putting it as a lesson, Ben!!

1 Like

Hi @jmonickaraj1 John, Here’s a tip, before you learn to play the tune. Spend time learning the triplet and any other tricky parts. That way when you come to learn the tune the task will be so much easier.

1 Like

Sure Archie, that is what I should be doing, but in lazy doing that, I attempt tough ones, because they always sound beautiful, but I keep failing in getting it clean. And now I’ve begun to learn this from the tef file advice that came in from Mike_Rocka, doing it slower and in pieces, sometime ago…

1 Like

Hi John. Yes we all have these challenges. taking on the tough lessons is what makes us become better players. But if you bite off more than your able to chew it’s hard to swallow. Small bites are much more manageable and once we learn to overcome the obstacles the rest of the lessons just become a little easier. I agree with @Mark_Rocka 's approach we sing from the same hymn sheet when it comes to working through the lessons slowly and in.manageable chunks.

1 Like

I gotta say, I love this arrangement. Just what the Dr. ordered. It’s not difficult to learn, but playing it well is taking some time. The big deal it that I just am really enjoying playing it. Thanks for doing this arrangement!

1 Like

simply gorgeous! Ben, you’re the best in the world! Perfect.:clap::clap:

1 Like

Love it. It’s on my radar to learn now. Beautiful arrangement.

1 Like