Discuss the Guitar lesson: Bill Cheatham- Melody

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/bill-cheatham-melody-guitar

I taught an advanced version with lots of tricks years ago, but here’s a straight-ahead melody version. We also work on fret-hand economy as we shift positions.

Ben, I really like the “straight ahead, no frills” versions of some of these songs where you have previously done advanced versions. Speaking only for myself, in a jam I mostly just need the straight ahead version; it is usually too loud to hear the frills, slides, pull offs, etc that characterize the more advanced versions. Also - where you have included rhythm at varying speeds (e.g., “Bill Cheatum”) it would be helpful if, in addition to the full speed melody solo, you also included a melody version at a somewhat lower speed, too.
Keep up the great work!

Love the rhythm & chords lesson as I haven’t tried flat picking a melody yet. The walk down sounds mighty fine.

You can change the speed of the demo video of the lead playing using the little gear at the bottom right hand corner. of the video…

Thanks so much! As @fiddle_wood suggests, you can control the playback speed of the lesson preview solo by clicking on the gear settings button.