Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Basic Guitar Rhythm- Part 9

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/basic-guitar-rhythm-part-9-guitar-beginner

Completing this lesson is the guitar equivalent of the world’s spelling bee champion. Congrats, and continue to intermediate!

1 Like

The Bluegrass G chord has a beautiful sound, so I’m starting from scratch to incorporate that into my playing. But so far it’s been difficult for my muscle memory to catch on. And I’m not at the point to play quickly at a jam with this chord - which further reinforces my using the “regular” G chord! Any advice?

My typical advice is to practice making the chord in reverse order of the finger order you “want” to make. For instance, if you want to put your index down first and your pinky last, pay attention to the order and try reversing it with pinky first and index last, etc. Practice that. It will help undo the hesitation in your brain/muscles.

3 Likes

Upon completion of this nine part study, I find myself wanting to try the intermediate track with other chords and chord walking/mini licks. Awesome content here. just what I was looking for.
The Blueridge guitar I got from your store is absolutely amazing. It’s difficult to put down and it’s my first guitar.

1 Like

What song’s can I play with this strum pattern Thanks yall

2 Likes

You might have to move the chord changes a little bit, but basically any bluegrass song/ gospel song. Unclouded Day Brethren We Have Met to Worship would be a good ones; Shucking the Corn and Spinning Wheels as well have a similar chord progression. Just to name a few, there are many more.

3 Likes

Thanks

Essentially anything in 4/4, G position, and fitting “groove” (in other words, if it feels like it fits, it does)! Chords, etc. can always be modified (as shown in the intermediate rhythm course) while the groove stays similar.
Congrats on tackling it @kmfrederick29!

3 Likes