Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Basic Guitar Rhythm- Part 7

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/basic-guitar-rhythm-part-7-guitar-beginner

You’re on part 7 of my basic guitar rhythm course. There were also 7 dwarves. Coincidence? I think not.

1 Like

I’m still struggling a bit with chord changes so its about all I can do to just play this at 75 bpm. Is there a speed at which you would recommend feeling comfortable with before moving on to the next lessons?

2 Likes

Hi Garrett, and welcome to the forum!

It would be more important, in my opinion, just to be comfortable with it and to play it cleanly before moving on. . Once you can get through it comfortably, you can always come back to run through it a few times each practice session. More speed will come with repetition over time.

When I play rhythm I try to only add what is comfortable at that speed. If the piece is real fast I play very simply. The slower it is the more complex I may make the rhythm/strumming.

So the question, from my view is “Which rhythm can I play well at this speed?”

Dave

4 Likes

Welcome @gwilliams2783! Great question and @Fiddle_wood answered it perfectly. It’s not a speed thing but rather a quality thing. Check out this video:

3 Likes

Thanks @Fiddle_wood and @BanjoBen I really appreciate the answers and feed back.

2 Likes