Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Waypoints- Learning the Banjo Neck- G Chord

PC - Chrome.

1 Like

Hi Brian. Ok I just tried it with PC & Chrome again no errors. You could maybe try clearing out you cache. rebooting and trying again.

I get that from time to time when I’ve stayed on a page too long. Try to refresh the page and see if it helps.

1 Like

Thanks. That was it. I’ve had the website up and connected for a couple of day while I practice and work through it.

2 Likes

Ben, I just wanted to thank you for the waypoints. Yesterday I was practicing and decided to play along with Earl and Lester. So I put my headphones and started vamping to get the chords figured out , once I got it, I started flying all over up the neck. I couldn’t believe it. I felt like a banjo player. It wasn’t clean because the song was super fast but I was all over the neck. NOT just stuck in one place for the 1, 4 and 5 chord but jumping every measure or so to different G, C and D positions. I don’t think that would have been possible without your waypoints lessons. I believe those waypoints are burned in my brain so I didn’t have to really think, just concentrate on the chords. I was walking on cloud 9 because of you and still am. If it wasn’t for church and another christmas get together i’d be in their now doin Ben’s waypoints. I still don’t understand the reasoning of the notes or triads but I can do waypoints. I might become a banjo player yet. THANKS again Ben, I really appreciate all you do for us.

4 Likes

Wow, man! What uplifting feedback! I’m confident that the methods I devise will work if folks will follow the directives, and it’s great to have that affirmed!

1 Like

This is so great. Looked like total “vast wilderness” when i started and made it all the way to the licks part in one sitting. What the hell have i been practicing the last 16 years???

4 Likes

HA! I’ve wondered the same thing about my efforts. :slight_smile:
I’m really looking forward to the Waypoints in D lesson, followed by a lesson that shows us how they’re all tied in together.

5 Likes

Keep reminding me of this!

2 Likes

Maybe your fancy new scheduler/planner could remind you of it…hehehe

3 Likes

Jumped up above my comfort level and tried to work my way through this exercise…and I’m so glad I did! Can’t say I’ve mastered it, but its opening up my head a little more and allowing me to recognize some some patterns where once only mysteries existed. I can tell this needs to be a regular stop on my practice tour. Thanks for this awesome lesson!

4 Likes

Now, I know you didn’t just do that, Dave!

Remember what Dalton said in Roadhouse… "Be NICE! " :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Only been playing banjo(left handed) for about 6 months and learned a dozen songs. Not great but I thought I was progressing ok for a short time…until i found Banjo Ben videos. I feel like I just took my training wheels off my bike and really enjoy learning from these videos. This is great. Thanks !

7 Likes

Woohoo!!!

2 Likes

welcome Barry to @BanjoBen 's Forum It’s great to hear you are making progress. I just want to say as a Lifetime Goldpick Member I highly recommend you consider upgrading your membership. Ben is a fantastic teacher and I consider my membership to be the best investment I ever made.

2 Likes

Howdy @barryr123456,

Glad to have you with us… With or without “Training wheels”… it is good to see you here.

Please visit and post to the forum often! :+1: and CONGRATS! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Thanks ! I would love to be a Gold Pick Member…but not right now. I was a carpenter but I am disabled and started working parttime for local school 2 weeks before they shut it down for the Coronavirus. I definetely will purchase more videos eventually. But for now I am working on the waypoints and the neck. ANd plan on crawling through "Jesus loves me " 1000 times until i can play it somewhat decent. Ben is a pilot? Uh oh… remember John Denver

4 Likes

Well, whatever you do here… You will get your monies :moneybag: worth. I joined as a life member a few years ago after I got my Banjo, which died yesterday, by the way… as I was practicing to make my entry in the contest, to win a new Banjo, ironically.

My family got me a Mandolin from @BanjoBen’s store so I enjoy playing that… and hope to get a new Banjo when I start my new job upon returning to work (scheduled at the end of May).

Use this forum whenever you can because there are good and friendly folks here… a value beyond price.

Glad to have you sir…

4 Likes

I loved this lesson so much I decided to share some of my results. Thanks @BanjoBen

8 Likes

I love it, thank you!

3 Likes