Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Waypoints- Learning the Banjo Neck- G Chord

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/waypoints-learning-the-banjo-neck-g-chord-banjo-intermediate

You know those banjo pickers that know exactly where to put their fingers? I want you to be one, too. In this groundbreaking lesson, I systematically teach you the banjo neck in a fun and memorable way! This 30+ minute lesson teaches you the “waypoints” on the banjo neck for the G chord, and how to use them!

8 Likes

Banjo players…please watch this one. What I would give to have had this lesson years ago!

4 Likes

This looks like it’s literally the lesson I’ve been waiting for. I hope to see many more like it in the future. This is pure gold.

5 Likes

I will be doing one for all the prominent chords you will be using: 1/4/5/6min/2min, then we’ll begin to integrate them all together and apply them to songs!

6 Likes

Wow, looks great! Been working through Fretboard Geography… This should open it up to an even greater degree. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, this is the next step after that course!

1 Like

I’ve been playing (at) the banjo for more than 50 years and feel like the floor is covered with parts. Finally, some assembly instructions!

1 Like

Oh, that’s going to be nice. Let me know if it would be helpful to you to draw up more of those chord charts for whatever chord variations you’re going to throw at us. This is really exciting!

1 Like

I could use your help, actually :slight_smile: Let’s talk next week.

2 Likes

Looking forward to getting into this lesson. I really want to be more proficient at playing UTN especially those classic Scruggs Licks.

I have set myself a list of goals which I hope to achieve in 2018. This lesson has come along just at the right moment to help me achieve my quest.

1 Like

Hi Mark I have a great drawing in jpg format of a blank fingerboard covering all 22 fret’s if you care to PM me with your email address I will gladly share it with you.

Thanks Archie. Since I already have files built for the major, minor, and 7th chords, I’ll probably start with those. I’d rather not start from scratch if I don’t have to. :wink:

1 Like

Can’t wait to try this lesson…

1 Like

No Probs

Great stuff, Ben! I am so looking forward to this series. Delightfully finished first two installments and am only pausing to express my appreciation.

2 Likes

THIS IS AWESOME!!!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looking forward to this one. Even now as I work on FMBD up the neck I am thinking, “Why is the lower part seem pretty easy yet up the neck I struggle?” Is it the angle you play at up the neck? Is it psychological? Its the same part.

@BanjoBen is this lesson so good I should abandon FMBD up the neck and work on this first?

1 Like

Abandon is a strong word…ha. Yeah, spend some time working on these exercises, particularly the first tab, then see what happens with FM.

2 Likes

Well not abandon like, “abandon all hope if you are a power forward catching a pass and you get mauled by the opposition,” but maybe put aside and focus on Technic development first then come back to it.

2 Likes

Looks like we will have something fun to do today! You should trademark this for all three instruments! Waypoints™ Banjo Lessons or similar to that. :wink:

2 Likes