Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Shove the Pig's Foot a Little Further in the Fire

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/shove-the-pigs-foot-a-little-further-in-the-fire-banjo-advanced

Single-string, melodic, and Scruggs, these solos have it all! The first solo is the basic melody, then the twists, tricks, and turns come quick.

3 Likes

Are you doing the dobro next?

3 Likes

Howdy Ben I sure wish you would do dobro lessons I have a very nice Beard MA-6 that needs to be played but just dont know how. Oh and very nice lesson here going to work on it right away
Thanks Vern

2 Likes

Hey @BanjoBen When you first posted the guitar lesson a few weeks ago I wasn’t too impressed with this tune. Now that I see the banjo lesson. I totally get it.

Looking forward to getting into this at the weekend.

1 Like

Love the tune, can’t get it out of my head. Boy howdy that banjo sounds great.
Looking forward to tackling it this weekend… :hugs:

3 Likes

@Maggie Your Banjo sounds brilliant.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the dobro :wink:

1 Like

Ta :grin:

1 Like

That banjo sounds great Maggie, it’s also cool that you got to meet Ben!

3 Likes

Yeah. He’s a sweetie. I’ll post that experience soon as well with a video.

2 Likes

Ahh, come on

Now THAT is cool, @Maggie! I don’t recall Ben ever using a student’s banjo for a lesson. That really puts something a little extra special on that banjo’s story. Sorry you missed the camp, but that’s not a bad consolation prize. :wink:

1 Like

I recall someone having bought a gold tone OB250 that had been used in a lesson, but don’t remember who, or which lesson

1 Like

I use a Flatiron Sweetgrass Banjo to do all my lessons. Oh wait… That’s MY banjo! :smiley:

2 Likes

Might be possible, if you have enough “Dough-Bro”… $$$$$ :rofl:

2 Likes

I do have the dough, but I’m not sharing any of it, and I have a brother, not sharing him either🤣

4 Likes

Archie, I love the Pig foot on guitar. Can’t stop playing it!

2 Likes

Love the tune. This will be my first full tune in the single-string style. I have only played an occasional lick like that to this point in my journey. Maybe I should do something easier first that sounds Irish.

3 Likes

This is a great one to start on!

3 Likes

Heck yeah it is :grin:

1 Like