Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Peaches & Cream: An Alan Munde Tribute Lesson

That’s a tough one alright. I tried it a few years back but never got through it. I take my hat off hat_wave to @Mark_Rocka who showed us all it can be done.

3 Likes

Maybe that means you’re just that much better now than you were then. :wink:

2 Likes

maybe, but P&C i seem to be able to always play it no matter how long its been since the last time. O Come All Ye Faithful there are licks that i always have to take the time to brush up on. So who knows.

2 Likes

I had a customer cancel on me today, so I had some time to get a video while I practice. This one is proving tough to play right consistently. There’s one particular roll in the B part that, no matter how many times I isolate and practice it, my fingers want to play it backwards half the time.

Anyway…

14 Likes

That was Peaches and Creamy great job @Mark_Rocka

4 Likes

That. Was. Fantastic. This has become my favorite banjo tune and you nailed.

6 Likes

Wow! Great job! I never did learn the second half… I don’t work on banjo as much as I used to.

5 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Mark, @Brent.H, and @Archie. There is something special about this tune, isn’t there?

5 Likes

Sure is. my friend!

3 Likes

Super job picking @Mark_Rocka! :+1::grin:

5 Likes

As usual, outstanding job. Consider pulling off the other direction (a push-off) in the B part so that your middle finger is already heading toward its next note.

4 Likes

Thanks! Nice tip. Will start working on that today!

4 Likes

Reporting back after putting Ben’s advice into practice. Not only is it easier to get to that next note, kicking out in the proper direction instantly corrected a problem I was randomly having with muted notes in that section of the song.

THIS is why this forum is so valuable. I would have kept practicing it my way and remaining frustrated. Ben saw a problem I hadn’t even mentioned and fixed it with one sentence. That’s gold.

Thanks again, Ben!

8 Likes

Checking in here is like keeping your gold(or silver) membership polished.

4 Likes

Nice!

Two goals after Cabin Camp. Learn Salt Creek, since that was popular and I drew a blank when it came up. Not to tough, still got work to get it up to speed, but i’ll get there. Goal two, try Peaches & Cream. I know it’s over my pay grade, but I love it. A part is doable, off to a decent start on it. B part, not sure. @Mark_Rocka that was impressive, I’ve gotta say. I like the melodic touch on the beginning of the second A part. I’m not good at single string :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey! Someone noticed. Thanks!

Yeah, it’s way easier to play and I can make it sound better than the single string picking.

5 Likes