Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: O Come, All Ye Faithful

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/o-come-all-ye-faithful-banjo

A challenging but FUN version of this classic Christmas melody, full of melodic tricks and DRIVE! We start it off with a jazzy feel intro then start tappin’ them toes.

1 Like

Well, I just learned this, my head exploded twice already. It’s so long and melodic, yikes. But I’m gonna try to get up to speed before Christmas. Yoooooo Quiiieeeeerrrroooooo Taaaaaaccoooooo Beeeeelllll…

2 Likes

Wow wow wow. This is a real challenging one!! Its gonna be a tough few days trying to figure this one out :wink: Maybe i’ll post a vid if i get it up to speed. No wait, WHEN i get it up to speed.

4 Likes

Still one of my all time favorite lessons on this site. I’m not even sure I still know how to play it. I’m really rusty. Gonna have to give a try soon.

4 Likes

That is a tough one @Shaky_loves_banjo

3 Likes

You bet! Probably one of the toughest ones i’ve tackled so far.

2 Likes

Just WOW!!! I never knew that song could sound so amazing like that!! Now I have to tackle it, but I might be playing by summer, but oh well!!!

Ben, you is amazing!!!

1 Like

This is a fun rendition. I pay close attention to the left hand fingering and mark the notes on my music with the correct fingering. Critical for being able to grab the next notes. Not to concerned getting it up to speed. My goal is a recognizable tune played smoothly.

2 Likes

That’s a good goal! This version is a tough one!

This one’s so tough that if you don’t practice it on the regular, you’ll forget how to play it. Trust me.