Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Minor Chord Shapes & Drill

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/minor-chord-shapes-drill-banjo-intermediate

Minor chords sound sad, but they don’t have to make you sad. I introduced you to minor chords in the beginner learning track, but now it’s time to really own them! Let’s unlock that fretboard so we can play any minor chord anywhere on the neck! There are no tabs or diagrams for this lesson–on purpose! I want you to watch and play along with me so you’ll really know it.

4 Likes

Hey Ben! I’ve been playing banjo for only 3 years so that word “minor” has always scared me so I avoided it, but you’ve really made it easy to understand! While continuing to improve all of my skills I will definitely begin to incorporate the minor drills into my practice sessions adding to the fun of picking a banjo! Another “Ah hah” moment! Thank you!

3 Likes

Great to hear, @tomhejza! Yes, my job is to make the scary stuff not scary, and hopefully even fun.

2 Likes

This is great content @BanjoBen. I really appreciate the way you broke it down so easily. This will really help, especially with backup!

3 Likes

welcome back @Wendell

1 Like

Looks like its time to resize the ring mr. Ben :ring:

1 Like

Thanks @Archie.

1 Like

Well this was one of those lessons where a lot of little light bulbs went off in my head and I said “Ah-hah!” more than once. Thanks Ben. You’re still putting the “fun” in “fundamentals!”

3 Likes

Fantastic lesson!!!
Geez. I thought I knew a bit about minors!! lol … laughing at myself, cuz I really didn’t… I love the bar, fist, rock-on nicknames. Thanks so much, Ben!

2 Likes

Great lessson! Pulls together all those bits and pieces in my brain.
Sue

3 Likes

Great lesson, Thank you!

1 Like

Will u be selling ur music stand?

1 Like

Ha! A feller made it for me but I can’t even remember who it was.