Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Lonesome Road Blues

Don’t know about “best balance” but I usually learn to play a piece on everything I play before moving on. I often record my own rhythm tracks, which helps keep different instruments in my hands

2 Likes

Hi Neil, Mike @mharrison43 seems to have a great handle on things.

2 Likes

High praise indeed @Mark_Rocka!

2 Likes

Thanks Mark, I see you did an excellent job with it. :wink:

2 Likes

This lesson is so fun. I’m driving my wife CRAZY! Thank you, Ben.

3 Likes

Wow this lesson is awesome @BanjoBen thank you so much!! I love playing up the neck, but the only problem is I can’t play on the tenth fret of the second string. It doesn’t buzz, but it just doesn’t sound very good :weary: All the other strings and frets are fine though. Any advice on how to fix that?:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh no! Well, I’d need to hear it at least. Can you make a video?

3 Likes

How do I upload the video?

1 Like

Put it on YouTube, Vimeo, or any other free hosting service then paste the link here.

3 Likes

Ok thanks😁

1 Like

I might have to do it later today like at maybe 2:00 p.m. because I need help from my mom to do that.Sorry :pensive::banjo:

1 Like

Now i would’nt class myself as advanced more intermediate but i really want a go at this or at least a few of the breaks…

Do you think i should or continue with the intermediate lessons

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi Lee once you’re through that beginner learning path take a stab at any lesson. Don’t be put off by the label Advanced all it means is the licks are a bit more challenging. Go for it. gif

2 Likes

All right here you go.

3 Likes

Ok thanks pal

2 Likes

Thanks, @Siah! It sounds like to me that you don’t have enough relief (distance b/t strings and frets) and it’s buzzing on one of the fret wires above the 10th. We need to raise your action a bit and get more relief. Can you watch videos 5 and 6 in this course? https://banjobenclark.com/courses/banjo-setup-with-steve-huber

Try doing some minute coordinator rod adjustments, just very small adjustments, and let us know what happens.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @BanjoBen I can’t wait to try fixing it! Thanks again :joy::rofl::banjo:

1 Like

Hey @BanjoBen, that did not work, but I may have not done it right, I am not sure. Is there anything else you want me to try? Thank you so much for helping me. :rofl:

1 Like

I just can’t say for sure without playing it or working on it myself, sorry!

2 Likes

Ok thanks anyway for your help!:grin:

1 Like