Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Jesus Loves Me

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/jesus-loves-me-banjo-intermediate

I love taking tunes from way back and putting a new spin on them. Here are two solos for “Jesus Loves Me” that most anyone can attempt. The first has a more traditional lullaby feel, then we grass it up the second time around!

3 Likes

Be sure and listen through the slow solo to get to the fast one!

1 Like

Wow, what a great arrangement! Can’t wait to give this one a shot!

1 Like

So AWESOME Ben, thanks a bunch. A special song indeed, as is the Truth in it. At my Dad’s funeral, one of his six sisters got up and told how they all used to sing Jesus Loves Me all the time when they were kids. Overcome with sadness and joy, she broke out into song right then and there and we all joined in. I just started crying as I’m writing this, wow.

I’m going to get right on this one, thanks again.
M

4 Likes

The power of music, incredible…especially when it is music with truth.

3 Likes

This is one song I play almost every night on fingerstyle guitar and harmonica, nice arrangement :+1:

3 Likes

Very nice! Almost makes me want to take up the banjo. Any chance for a mandolin version?

3 Likes

Ben,

I don’t know if others agree, but I really like the slow solo - fast grass contrast.

I hope - when suitable - there will be others to follow!

BRAVO! I’m gonna grab my ole friend RIGHT NOW and start learning this gem!

2 Likes

Head over to your local music store and grab yourself an inexpensive banjo and try it out! As in, buy it. Your gold pick membership covers all three instruments :wink:

1 Like

That’s an awesome arrangement! I will definitely be learning this one soon. It’s amazing how such a simple melody “grassed up” can sound so good!

2 Likes

Ha! I actually have 2 banjos I ended up with some kinda way. I suck at too many instruments to start another one right now. Maybe down the road.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Simply genial.Ben, you are fantastic!

2 Likes

Ben, please consider doing more of these type arrangements of old hymns with a slow solo followed by a faster bluegrass style. Love it! Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah! How about a mighty fortress in honor of reformation day? Guess it’s a bit short notice though :thinking:

3 Likes

I love this. More gospel songs please :smile:

3 Likes

I’ll second a mighty fortress is our God! It’s an awesome song!

4 Likes

Great song. Great videos and instructions! I am going to crawl through this song 1000 times if I have to to learn this song. Thanks Ben!

1 Like