Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: It Is Well With My Soul- Banjo

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/it-is-well-with-my-soul-banjo-banjo-intermediate

This is one of the giants in Christian hymnody, and it works so very well on banjo! We’re in the key of C, which is a great key to sing along.

8 Likes

A big thanks to @Michael_Mark (aka TabGPT) who helped me write this arrangement. I was in a huge time crunch prepping to leave for Mexico tomorrow and his talent was hugely helpful!

5 Likes

Not familiar with this one @BanjoBen but I do like it.

2 Likes

I love this lesson. You can’t beat the old hymns to touch your heart!

4 Likes

Great old gospel hymn!

4 Likes

I love this lesson!!! One of my favorite hymns!!!

4 Likes

This may be my favorite lesson.

4 Likes

Welcome Marvin!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to learn this, thanks for all the amazing lessons. I was recently thinking about asking you to do more hymns in the future - must have read my mind!

3 Likes

Was thinking about what to learn next. Then this came up. Favorite hymn of all time - easy decision. Thanks Ben.

2 Likes

What I really like about this lesson is the encouragement to listen and make it your own. “Make it your own” is something that is finally getting traction with me. The analogy I’ll use is that @BanjoBen (and team) has created a mug; and I received the mug as if it came directly out of the kiln, hardened and unchangeable. But actually, it’s handed to me off of the potters wheel. I can keep it the way it is, or I have the freedom to change the shape of it. The options are endless, and the fun meter indicates the tank is full.

2 Likes

This song has great sentimental value to me. It was sang at my Son’s Funeral.
I had actually started working it up before you added this lesson. This has definitely helped me add what was missing.
Many Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss @mw.ministries Marty

2 Likes

I’m so very sorry for your loss @mw.ministries, really blesses me to know this lesson helped you.

2 Likes

This is an Awesome song! Thank you! Could you do more gospel songs like this please? Thanks, Barry

5 Likes

Hi @BarryR there’s a ton of gospel tunes already on the site.

Yes, I have several of the lessons already.

1 Like