Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Inside Cabin Camp: Back to Basics with Kristin Benson

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/inside-cabin-camp-back-to-basics-with-kristin-benson-banjo-beginner

4-time IBMA banjo player of the year, winner of the coveted Steve Martin Banjo Prize, GRAMMY nominated…and she can TEACH! And, Kristin Scott Benson is one of my favorite people! In this lesson, KSB takes 3 students through the basics & teaches them how to audit and improve!

11 Likes

It’s always a good thing to go back and review the fundamentals no matter what level you are at.

Great lesson Kristin @BanjoBen

4 Likes

Wow. Soooooo good! I need to put a sign up to remind me to go slower and get really picky.

2 Likes

I do not have the right words to describe How much This is going to make my playing better. Kristin Benson I can tell how much you like the Banjo. I have been a Bush Pilot in Alaska and have 50 pulse years of staying Alive because fly off Airport in large Float Plane Beaver or super cub if you do not pay very very close Attention to make it right every time it can become deadly. I now fly my Banjo 73 years old and am loving to be alive and able to play lean a new lesson every Day . Thank you Ben Clark.
Thank you so Much Kristin
Pat Martin

4 Likes

Fantastic lesson. Kristin is such a great teacher. Thanks, Ben, for having such quality teachers.
Paul

3 Likes

What a valuable lesson from a terrific banjo player. Love it!

1 Like

It’s weird, but I guess I’ve reached the point where I can slow down with purpose & enjoy the banjo. Up till now, all I wanted to do was play it fast (or at least “half-fast”)
but lately I’ve actually enjoy playing slow & with deliberate purpose.
She is wonderful & this is spot-on right on target!
Thanks for a great special lesson, Ben!

3 Likes

Getting caught up on some lessons and wow, what a down to earth step by step way of teaching (and learning)!

3 Likes

Wow! This was helpful. Thanks! And Cripple Creek is always fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Outstanding! So glad this is available, what a wonderful lesson!

4 Likes

Nice to see YOU back on the forum @banjodream Brenda. Don’t be such a stranger.

2 Likes

This was a GREAT lesson! Fundamentals that, I know, will make my playing better. I’m much more “present” now with my pull-offs and noticing a big improvement already. Thanks @BanjoBen and @kristin for this!

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more ! I think I’ll start every practice session with those fundamentals from now on. I found it amazing that the 2nd part of Cripple Creek is all you need to polish up the basic LH techniques. Very good lesson, I enjoyed it very much. And wow, Kristin Benson is really an amazing teacher !

4 Likes

This is one of the most valuable lessons I’ve encountered. After spending some time with it going over it twice, and working these basics, I feel so much more confident going to a jam! I’m

1 Like

Wow Kristin…I can’t thank you enough for this incredible lesson. Your style of teaching is so easy to follow. You are a natural. You have the ability to break things down in simple terms so that a beginner banjo player is able to grasp the concepts. I am so excited and looking forward to putting all of these techniques to practice. Thank you so much!

2 Likes