Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: I Surrender All

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/i-surrender-all-banjo-intermediate

Katy Lou joins me to teach this classic hymn in drop C tuning! Banjos don’t have to be loud & fast…it’s a very pretty instrument, too!

6 Likes

Hello Mr. Clark,
Thank you very much for this great lesson. I would be very happy if you would teach more of such quiet and beautiful pieces here. It gives me a lot of joy to see what a great musical family you have. You are truly blessed with this. Many greetings from Germany and may God protect you and your family.
Falko

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement, @falko.krieger! God bless y’all in Germany as well.

2 Likes

Two things:

1. I’d love to see more Katy Lou lessons. She has such a unique musical style, as is evidenced by this arrangement, and she is a great teacher, too.

2. Even banjo players look at me sideways when I say I think the banjo is a beautiful instrument. Welp, this is proof positive that I’m right!

2 Likes

Just an FYI @BanjoBen, in the Chorus video beginning at 11:48 until the end, there is no picture and the sound has a bad echo.

1 Like

Ahhh, looks like it’s supposed to end at 11:48 and for some reason exported a bunch of blank video. Thanks!

This is a sweet arrangement. Thank you both. I will be learning it for Church for what is better, than glorifying the Lord. Hope to see you in Montana on the 15th however we have a fire burning towards our community and so far my musical plans this summer have gone the way of the dinosaur.

1 Like

I love this lesson and would also like to see Katie Lou teach more of these great hymns.

2 Likes

Perhaps you could post some tab for the guitar backup.

BTW: I would love to see more banjo/guitar duets

Hi @Original_Linux_Guy_2 Becci I think you’ll find the Guitar Rhythm TAB in the Banjo TEF file. You’ll need TEF View to open the file. I am pretty sure @BanjoBen will also be adding a Guitar Lesson in due course.