Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/god-rest-ye-merry-gentlemen-banjo

Christmastime is here again, and this year we’re learning a great, familiar carol with a couple tricks thrown in! Toward the end of this one, we go into a banjer pickers favorite tune, Foggy Mountain Breakdown! Merry Christmas!

wouldn’t it be great if there was a full foggy mountain breakdown lesson for each instrument? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There probably will be some day. That’s a copyrighted tune. Ben is in the process of jumping through a bunch of legal hoops to be able to teach us copyrighted songs, so stay tuned. I imagine it’ll be one of his first lessons once he gets it all ironed out.

1 Like

I have become obsessed with this lessons into video. Being a newbie, I didn’t really understand what was going on with the banjo part at first, and I was on the guitar lesson which doesnt have these comments. Once I saw the comments on the banjo lesson I started to understand. I have been obsessively starting the video from 2:40 to hear the foggy mountain licks. Love it.

2 Likes

Hi @jchdaniels Johnathan welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. Since your new here you may not realise the lesson is divided into several sections you need to scroll down the page below the preview page to find all the parts to the lesson. You’ll also find Tabs in PDF and Tef format and play-along backing tracks to help you practice. Any questions just hollier and someone will offer help to guide you.

1 Like