Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Deck the Halls Build-a-Break

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/deck-the-halls-build-a-break-banjo-intermediate

Decking your nephew for sticking his finger in the custard pie? Bad. Decking the Halls with three thrilling banjo breaks? GOOD! Let’s start with the basic melody, then get melodic, then end up bending some strings after getting hold of Granny’s eggnog.

1 Like

This is one of those I find myself wanting to play more and more after I teach it.

1 Like

Just in the Saint Nick of time. I needed a new project to work on. :rofl:

2 Likes

Awesome build-up! I love the increase of the melody through each break. I look forward to working on it up to speed!

1 Like

Wow!! can’t wait to tackle this! : )

2 Likes

Hi Kathryn, Glad to read you here in the forum!

Welcome!

Dave

1 Like

Has this forum been here for a long time?? Don’t know how I have missed it?

kat

I’ve had it for years but this new forum is much better designed and easier to keep up with.

1 Like

Fantastic Ben, You’re Great!

1 Like

I’ve only been playing a few months so I’m no quite ready for this but I sure like hearing you play it, Ben!

1 Like

Don’t forget to check out the contest forum category to see the contest about this tune!

I might be a lot easier to deck now but I used to be a bit harder to be decked , LOL. adding the scale notes almost seems easy for me, of course it should be. Any way I am not really up to Grannies eggnog yet but look forward to getting past the scale notes.and sliding into the eggnog . great tune to learn in this manner three ways is better N one. this will keep me limbered up for sure.

1 Like

Ben… please when u record the mp3 tracks on the songs, would it be possible to play at 100 bpm ?.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @smillerlawyer Susan I encourage you to check out Audacity MP3 Player. What I do is download the MP3 File and use Audacity to adjust the the Tempo/Speed. That said I much prefer to use TableEdit/TefView to read and play along with the TAB TEF files when learning a tune. Audacity and TEFView are both FREE to use. TableEdit as the name suggests is for creating and editing TAB and lifetime registration currently costs $59.97. Next to becoming a @BanjoBen Lifetime Gold Pick Member, TableEdit is the second best investment I ever made as a banjo player.

https://tabledit.com/

1 Like