Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Cripple Creek- Advanced Banjo

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/cripple-creek-advanced-banjo-banjo-advanced

I created this arrangement to give you some great licks to add to your own version! Lots to do here, including melodic runs, blues bends, & single-string!

5 Likes

Sounds Great! Can’t wait to get to the level to be able to play it. (I can finally play the G lick and the basic rolls) Thanks Banjo Ben!

3 Likes

NOW is a good time to start studying it. @Zachary Make it a long term goal one year from now.

1 Like

Wow, I don’t think even if I practice everyday that I would be that good. Seriously, the problem is I don’t get to practice the banjo much with school, chores, work, and my other instruments.

Hi @Zachary One measure a day is all it takes. Challenge yourself. Trust me it’s not as difficult as you might think it is. Do you watch TV ? Ball game ? That’s when you practice, when the Ads appear.

notime

1 Like

Actually we don’t have a television in our house, but I get what you mean. Any spare moment = time to practice. I wish you could add time to your day.:thinking:

If you let your mind wander during, you know, things of importance, you can practice in your head… :joy:

2 Likes

One can often find reasons NOT to practice. But the trick is to grab any spare moment and fill it with study. Keep the banjo close and pick it when you can

1 Like

Ben, great version. I like the “one measure a day” advice from Archie. Lastly, is the camera playing tricks on me or have your shrunk recently? Look great.

1 Like

Gracias, hermano. Down 22 pounds in 40 days, thanks to getting some discipline back. I’ve been doing a carnivore diet and exercising like I should, feeling much better.

Hey @BanjoBen, do you have any lessons on Clinch Mountain Backstep? I’d love to see that song.

Hi @bretthovis98 Brett, Great to see you back on the Forum.

I do believe Clinch Mountain Backstep is still in copyright and that being the case @BanjoBen wouldn’t have a lesson on it anytime soon. But I encourage you to check out Sean Ray’s website he has some great demo videos and a couple of excellent TAB books.

Way to go, Ben on the healthier lifestyle. We need you around for many more years. As I said, you look great. Hope to see you in FL again in March.

1 Like

Listening to that I heard a lot of Ron Block in the licks. Sounded great!

2 Likes

What a cool tune! Awesome! Use the licks in measure 20-22 for backup as well and it sounds great. As well as the melodic C lick and the following licks. Thanks, there are a lot of very useful treasures in this tune. :+1:

1 Like

Man this is a great version, and what a finger twister!

I think measure 27 has revealed a bug in TablEdit. Not sure how it sounds with the TEF Viewer, but if measure 27 gets played, every note on the second string starting on measure 28 through the end of the song sounds 1 sharp higher than it’s supposed to. If you start playback on measure 28, it sounds fine. So, there’s something about those string bends in measure 27 that throws the program off.

Can anyone with the TEF Viewer app confirm? It’s not a show stopper. It just sounds terrible when I’m practicing with it. I guess the quick answer is to get it committed to memory ASAP so I can start practicing with the jam tracks. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sounds the way it should on the TEF Viewer.

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for checking. On the bright side, I got it memorized before going to bed, so I’ll start practicing with the jam tracks tomorrow.

2 Likes

I concur, it sounds awful in TablEdit

2 Likes