Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Controlling Your Fingers With Alan Munde

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/controlling-your-fingers-with-alan-munde-banjo-beginner

Join in on a beginner Cabin Camp session with banjo maestro Alan Munde! Alan will teach us 3 exercises to get our fingers under control, then takes a Q&A from the campers!

6 Likes

@BanjoBen Just an FYI, the videos and tags/links are backwards in this one. The link “controlling your fingers” pulls up the Q&A video, and “Q&A” pulls up the lesson.

Looks like a great exercise to help build dexterity and speed. I’ll be adding this to my practice routine.

3 Likes

YAY !!!
So glad to see this :grinning:
Missed some of his teaching at the first banjo-only cabin camp (which I highly recommend)…plus I’ve slept since then :sleeping:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 Likes

Bindmogglingly good.

Hi @xmark Mark If your interested in exploring finger stretching and dexterity Alan has a DVD covering this topic in some detail. I can say with some measure of experience it truly is a WORKOUT. Gave me the confidence to talk to my pinky and got it to move. I thought what the heck if it works for Alan it bound to work for me.

(93-MU-B2) $29.95

THE BLUEGRASS BANJO WORKOUT DVD
$29.95 plus shipping

Checkout his website. https://almundesbanjocollege.com/dvds/

2 Likes

@Archie, I appreciate the extra info. I’ve got the confidence to talk to my pinky as it is. Trouble is, my pinky either talks back (is cheeky), or ignores me altogether! :laughing:
I can only imagine what other forms of self-inflected torture Alan Munde has devised in that DVD.

Seriously, this lesson is really a workout for me. Exercises of this nature really make sense for improving coordination and dexterity when you think about it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @xmark at least your pinky talks back on occasion mine is like a teenager on a strop.

As well as the stretch exercises there are some brain teasers. Just to help you focus the mind.

1 Like

OK, as a Gold Pick member, and a Beginner who may never get the chance to attend a Cabin Camp, this is absolutely priceless. This is an opportunity to learn not just a song, but a fundamental that will help me play a hundred songs down the road.

Thank you Ben!

And thank you Alan Munde!!

2 Likes

This is great! I was just talking about my fingers not doing what I wanted, and my weak little pinky! Thank you Ben and Alan!

1 Like

I’m “brand new” to learning to play the banjo, and just became a Gold Pick member. I’m really enjoying this new learning endeavor, and the instructional videos are greatly appreciated! Oh my gosh, the level of explanatory detail is exceptional. Wonderful teachers, who truly are passionate about teaching! Thank you, so much!

4 Likes

Hi @AlexB welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum glad to hear you are enjoying the lessons and making the most of your Gold Pick Membership. This is a friendly forum where we all want to you to improve your knowledge and playing skills. If you have a query just holler and if Ben’s not around someone will surely try to help until he gets back to you in person.

1 Like

Great lesson!
Camp looks like it was a lot of fun.
God bless

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like