Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Buffalo Gals Banjo Build-a-Break

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/buffalo-gals-banjo-build-a-break-banjo-intermediate

I first thought “Buffalo Gals” referred to some chicks I met in college. But it turns out it’s a song, and a great one, too! We’ll do a build-a-break where we start with a basic melody, then beef it up, then treat it with melodic goodness!

2 Likes

Great song Banjo Ben! I will have to learn this sometime in the near feature when I am up to this level. Nena’s granddaughter Naomi.<3

1 Like

Another good reason to finish work, so I can start working on another tune! Awesome! Thank You. (Maybe I’ll just skip work today … ;-).

1 Like

“It’s A Wonderful Life” Banjo Ben! - John Haynes

1 Like

I always enjoy the build a break stuff. I’m still stuck on the backup lessons but maybe I will layer this in a little. Thanks for another great lesson!!

1 Like

Great, great Master of Strings!

1 Like

Wow! Those fingers are smokin! At 34 seconds you do a slide with your middle finger, and a piece of skin comes flying off. I want me some of those calluses.

1 Like

Actually those are the ones that lost four consecutive super bowls. :tired_face:

Ha! I saw that in the playback!

Yay! I just made it all the way through my first complete song on the banjo without stopping! In case you’re wondering, the song is called, “Yep! I Still Suck At This”. It’s played in the key of G and sounds somewhat similar to “Buffalo Gals”, except almost completely devoid of anything resembling coordination or skill…:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Well done Andrew, It’s a fun tune to learn, Be sure to practice /play along with the TEF file or Mp3 backing track. You’ll find you make much better progress