Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Bag O' Licks Advanced D Licks

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/bag-o-licks-advanced-d-licks-banjo-advanced

Two measures of D coming up quick–what are you gonna do?! Not that one hammer on thing AGAIN?!! Here, have some new ideas.

8 Likes

Wow, what a lesson @BanjoBen!! These are some really cool :sunglasses: licks!! :banjo::banjo::sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ok here is a quick mod of lick number 1. I hope to work through all of these and get more comfortable with creating my own licks. Thanks for the awesome lesson.
10 Likes

Dude, I really like that! Good job!

5 Likes

i just dove into this and wow! So much useful stuff here for creating your own licks. the Licks also all sound so cool :smile:

4 Likes

Awesome lesson!! Some great D licks. Would love to see some melodic licks in there as well.

4 Likes

That first bag of D licks lesson has some melodic licks in it @Banjo_Kazooey. You should check it out!!:rofl::banjo:

3 Likes

Really a great lesson !!! Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi @BanjoBen

Another great lesson here and hope to see the same for at least C and G and throw in Em :grinning:

6 Likes

Got it!

4 Likes

Got 8 under my fingers so far the wife’s sick of hearing them in D… lol

3 Likes

I agree with that wholeheartedly!

3 Likes

So I decided it was time to tackle this lesson tonight and although I am making good progress I am not too happy with the sound of the bended note on the 3rd string 3rd fret. I either stretch the string too much or not enough and the note just sounds sour to my ear.

Problem being is I don’t know what the note should sound like because it all goes by so quickly when you play it @BanjoBen.

My question is, Is there somewhere on the fret board where I can compare the note I should be aiming for?

My best guess is there isn’t one since it’s an in between sound neither a whole step or half step above the B note. but I thought I might ask anyway. It just annoys me that I can’t make the same sound your making. banjo

Russ has a video on it, https://youtu.be/qeceU2957OA.

1 Like

Thanks for that @oaklymaple Scott. That’s was a great lesson. Not so sure that was the pitch I was aiming for ( more like a whole step than the quarter note bend illustrated in the TAB ) but it sure sounded good. I guess I just need to work on it more.

1 Like

I was thinking about grabbing this lesson and then I saw the banjo Ben is playing. I play a 1988 Stelling Sunflower! It was meant to be.

1 Like