Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Backup in C with Alan Munde

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/backup-in-c-with-alan-munde-banjo-intermediate

The honorable Alan Munde drops in to teach us all about banjo backup in C! We’ll learn some down-the-neck rolls, up-the-neck strategy, and some of Alan’s favorite licks!

9 Likes

This lesson was in the vault & had forgotten about it! What a treasure to have Alan teach us about this!

2 Likes

Wow! Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou. I have only been waiting 11 years on this lesson @BanjoBen . I learned this tune way back whist I was a student of The Murphy Method. I have tried many times trying to work out some backup and up the neck licks after watching Raymond Fairchild who was a real master of this tune.

This is just what I need right now. I have been in the doldrums for several months, practicing the same stuff over and over, lacking motivation. Looks like the banjo and I will be having some fun this weekend

4 Likes

Thanks here lately I’m trying to absorb as much Alan backup as you have posted. Great stuff

3 Likes

Man! You’ve been holding out on us?!

Looking forward to getting in to this one.

3 Likes

Wow! What a great lesson!

2 Likes

I love this - Mr. Munde is the best. I am a bit confused, though. I had closed captioning on and a few times it told me to “walk to the ‘sea’.” Which sea? Maybe the Ionian Sea? … ba-dum-dum

I’ll see myself out.

7 Likes

Hi @Robyn_C Robyn welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. I can see your going to fit in here just nicely

5 Likes

Great lesson, Ben & Alan! I’ve learned so much from you both.

1 Like

Maybe just the nearby “Sea” in the last part of your handle (id) after the underscore! Anyways, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

That was a great lesson and I have a lot to practice. I look forward to seeing you both at Cabin Camp in October!

4 Likes

Love Alan Munde and his approach to the banjo and it place in a band setting. I learn something every time.

2 Likes

Hi @BanjoBen I wonder if you could include the Guitar TAB you played for the Old Spinning Wheel section of the lesson. I am just trying to get a feel of the melody whilst I work through Alan’s backup.

Cancel my request @BanjoBen I see you created a Guitar Lesson 3 years ago. I can use the TAB from that.

2 Likes

Great lesson! Would love the tab for Wildwood Flower, JMO

Here’s one version, JMO: https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/wildwood-flower-using-the-pinky-banjo