Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Are You Washed in the Blood

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/are-you-washed-in-the-blood-banjo

Classic hymn…5 string banjo…that’s quite a combination, but the killer thing about this version is there are TWO versions. Transcribed precisely from the related YouTube lesson, this tab includes both the dramatic, mellowed and bendy “up-the-neck” version, plus the spicy lower version full of melodic flips and inside rolls. You’ll have fun with this one.

1 Like

Hi Ben, Thank you very much for this version. I really enjoy it and am enjoying very much attempting to learn it.

I have a question about measure 38, regarding the left hand fingering. What I’m having trouble with is the 2nd half of the 2nd beat (2nd fret on 4th string) transitioning to the 3rd string pull-off (2 - 0). I’ve watched you playing it several times, and from what I can tell you are using your 3rd finger on both the 4th string and the third string. At first I thought (before watching the video) you may be using your ring finger on the 4th string, but I don’t think that’s the case.

I’m sure it’s a case of just spending more time and practicing to get my finger from the 2nd fret of the 4th string to the 2nd fret of the 3rd string, but wanted to check if I’m interpreting something incorrectly.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

2 Likes

Hey @jerry.bash, thanks for posting!

I"m a bit confused because I don’t see a 2-0 pull-off in measure 38 or around it. Can you help me? Here is a pic of the tab:

1 Like

Sorry, check that. It should read measure 36. It’s the movement from the 2nd fret on the 4th string to fretting the 2nd fret of the 3rd string that I’m struggling with.

Thanks,
Jerry

2 Likes

Ah, got it! Okay. I use my first to fingers to make the C chord and do the pull-off with my ring finger, and use the ring finger to also play that 4th fret. The circled notes here are fretted by my ring:

28%20PM

1 Like