Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Amazing Grace Build-a-Break

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/amazing-grace-build-a-break-banjo

We start with the basic melody in G that anyone can play, then fill in the spaces with pinches, and finally apply some rolls that complement the melody.

My favorite pattern for the chords is a forward-reverse pattern, switching between the low G and low D string each time for the start of the chord.

1 Like

Great Easy Lesson ! Picked right up on it

1 Like

Dear Ben,
Met your sisters last week in Arizona. Your family is soooo cool! Love you guys. Keep it all up.
Your “Jesus Loves Me” nearly made me cry. I’m a little, but tough guy with a big heart. Because of your sisters, I now have your “Banjo Ben” sticker on my Gibson case.
I’ll be working on your song for the next time out. We’re Fireside Bluegrass—just a bunch of folks going through our next mid-life crises.
God bless you. Praying for you all, and the new bass player. She’s special, also. Sheila??
BobTieszen

1 Like

Thank you, @bob.tieszen! Yep, Susannah is her name…she’s a little firecracker!

Hi Ben, learning all the way in Scotland here.

Just wondered if it was just me, but lesson 3 seems to be unavailable, do you know if it is a bug?

What tips do you have for fretting and rolling at the same time? I’m really struggling with it.

1 Like

Welcome, and sorry for the delay! The lesson 3 is working for me, perhaps it is for you now?

Be sure and work through all the lessons as I cover the fundamentals step by step :wink: