Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Digital piano

@BanjoBen, we’re in the market for a budget digital piano. Something like a Yamaha P45. Can you get pianos and are you interested in selling me one?

4 Likes

I’m not a dealer of any, but thank you so much for asking!

4 Likes

DM me, I can suggest some reteilers for cheap Yamaha, Casio etc.

1 Like

Thanks man! We actually already bought one.

1 Like

Just our of curiosity, what did you buy? What are you playing on it? Does it have weighted keys?

2 Likes

Hey Brandon, if you haven’t already, check out Synthesia.

https://synthesiagame.com

It started out as a Guitar Hero game for keyboards, but over the years, people have started developing entire teaching courses around the app. It interfaces with your DP, can show you want fingering to use, pauses playback until you hit the right key, can slow down playback, and even loop sections. It uses MIDI files, and there are literally millions of them for free download online.

I was using it a few years ago when I got interested in piano. I learned a lot in a short amount of time. I’ve forgotten practically all of it now, but when I get back in to it, that’s how I plan to do so.

2 Likes

That’s pretty neat! I’ve seen some videos on YouTube like that but didn’t know what it was called. My kids have been doing in persons lessons for a few years now, and I started about a year and a half ago. I may have to give this a try for myself.

2 Likes