Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Different Banjo picks

Does anybody use the Ernie Ball Picky Silver Metal Fingerpicks. And would you recommend them.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
I’m not a banjo picker, but heres a link to a prior forum discussion regarding them:

https://banjobenclark.com/forum/t/ernie-ball-pickey-picks-finger-picks/11805

3 Likes

Oooh, interesting looking pick. Based on pure speculation, I would think they work just fine, but one of my issues is having the pick cleanly strike the string. With a broader surface area on a standard pick, and a little twist when I put it on my finger, I think I get good contact. These look like I should have more precision in my picking before I could benefit from them.
And that’s my final guess!

1 Like

Hey there @random welcome to the forum. I actually do use those finger picks right now. I havent used the sammy shelor yet but i find these to be very good sounding picks considering the price. They also slide off the strings a lot better then any other conventional finger picks i’ve used. if you don’t have the money for the Sammy Shelor i’d say these are a good pick according to my experiences. The only down side is if your used to wide finger picks these will take some getting used to. After you get used to them they are great picks.

1 Like

Ahhh! The old “all you need is a little more practice” answer.

I’m good with that. :grin:

I use Sammy Shelors, and they’re awesome. I mainly like the wide band around your finger, it’s way more comfortable and secure than other picks I’ve used. I’ve never tried the pickey picks

1 Like

i have the ernie ball picks for a few days now. I have to say I think it’s really good. I have the feeling that you come across a different string much less accidentally. and they are more stable than they look …

1 Like