Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Denise Gittins from Vancouver, British Columbia!

What was it that first got you interested in playing the guitar, mandolin or banjo?
Banjo! I wanted to play an instrument that my husband doesn’t know how to play well. Also the Banjo always sounds so happy :slight_smile:

How long have you been playing and what’s your motivation to play?
5+ years, but I’m not very good yet. I got my banjo and started to play but then I moved to Panama for 5+ years. I brought my banjo to Panama but the humidity did some strange things to the sound. My husband and I have since moved back to Vancouver, B.C., and we have a weekly standing date with a friend to practice guitar/banjo. This has really helped me to stay motivated and continue to learn.

What’s your favorite lesson on Ben’s site and how has it helped you improve?
ROLLS! Something that really got me going and is still something that I look at!

What’s your goal when playing?
One day I hope to play the strings and know where they are without looking at them.

What type of gear or accessories have you found that work best for you?
I got a banjo strap that was soft because the ones I have tried in the past just cut into my neck and shoulder!

If money was no object, what would be your dream instrument(s)?
I’m happy with my Banjo!

If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Play the banjo?

How did you find out about Banjo Ben?
My husband found it for me :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us feature you Denise!

15 Likes

Exactly the reason I have one on the way! Nice to get to know you!

6 Likes

Denise, congrats on being the gpotw! Thanks for sharing and love the photo!

5 Likes

Dude!! Your finnaly learning banjo?? That’s great!

4 Likes

The standing date, once a week, to practice music is a GREAT idea. I’m going to look for a get together in my neck of the woods to do the same.

Congrats on Gold Picker of the Week, and happy pickin’ and rollin’! :grin:

Bill Phillips

3 Likes

oh cooL! So you’re new to banjo? Do you know how to play another instrument already?

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t think that there would be much interaction on this - that is neat in itself! I like this community already

1 Like

Yes - it really helps - i think with being at home all the time it is too easy to get “lazy” so if someone is coming over, I had better get the banjo out!

1 Like

gif Denise on being selected as this weeks Gold Pick Member.
banjo You have come to the best place to learn & improve your banjo playing skills.

1 Like

Yes, banjo will be new to me. I have not owned one, but I have messed around with them a bit in the past. I do play a few other instruments.

By the way, that is an awesome looking cat!

1 Like

Welcome Denise!! I hope to see you around the forum some!

1 Like