Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Deering Boston Banjo

Are the Deering Boston banjo,s still being made

Dave

4 Likes

I don’t think so

Good question. They seem to be available directly from Deering, but when you check dealer inventory, it comes up empty.

I thought I had read on their site they are no longer made and the Sierra kind of took its place?

The banjos are still on the Deering webpage. https://www.deeringbanjos.com/collections/boston-banjos

I visited San Diego a couple of years ago and went on the Deering Factory Tour a while ago and was surprised to see that they still made the electronic banjo (Crossfire). I asked about it and they said it could be specially ordered. So even if they don’t have them in stock you’d be able to order one.

I think they sold a lot of those banjos so I would expect a used one wouldn’t be very difficult to find.

2 Likes

It looks like they probably still are available, but I’ve emailed our representative at Deering to see for sure. I’ll let you know what I find out.

2 Likes

They evidently discontinued them for a while, but have brought the 5-string version back. It would run $2,159. The soonest I can get one if someone orders one is maybe mid- to late-January, though.

2 Likes