Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Davis banjo

Picked up the Butch Robins model by Tim Davis this morning. This thing will peel paint! I’ll post a video soon.

15 Likes

Nice! I LOVE my Davis banjo. It plays, sounds, and feels just right. Congratulations! :blush:

5 Likes

I admit, I’d never heard of a Davis banjo before. So I Googled it. Found this ad, they look pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zPuZ_24xqg

6 Likes

Can’t wait to hear it.

6 Likes

Oh my! That’s Zach “Pepper” Carter playing that Davis. He’s with the Backline band out of Spartanburg, SC. He was in Athens for a while so I got to pick with him a good bit. Great player out of the ETSU program.

4 Likes

I see from another ad they have/had a one year waiting list. Did you have to wait, or did yo find one that was calling your name & you got it now?

That is a fine bluegrass instrument!!

4 Likes

I placed the order with Tim in May, 2020 for BR #5. So yes, it took just over a year.

3 Likes

No wonder you are extra doubly thrilled to get it! The agony of anticipation has driven men mad before! Not to mention what it does to kids on Christmas Eve!

2 Likes

I find I appreciate things more when they take a good while to be made, rather than the ultra-convenient warehouse 2-day shipping craze- there’s just something about the hand-made values that are unmatched by automated systems.

6 Likes