Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Coward - I just need to call him out

As a British Army Veteran I feel compelled to express my deepest anger at the Speaker of the House of Representatives for calling a seven week vacation whist your nation is at war and US Service personnel are in harms way. If a British Prime Minister were to act in this way he would be out on his A$$ and branded a Coward

@BanjoBen I know this may be way too political for some of your students but I have to speak my mind and express my heartfelt feelings to let folks out there know how I stand on this topic and how Brits Vets stand with your military community.

Red or Blue whatever political party you support this is just wrong and needs to be called out. Please contact your House Representative and tell him or her to Get Back to WORK or NO PAY

Prayers please for ALL US Service Personal and their families at this difficult time.

2 Likes

I don’t consider myself red or blue. I’m a man without a party. If there’s any silver lining to the last few presidencies, it’s that it has been made clear to all but the most blind that our government is controlled.

I’ve read many Trump supporters say that the president can go to war any time he wants due to the War Powers Act. That’s not how the text reads, and more importantly, it’s not how our constitution was written. The power to declare war rests in the congress. Our founders knew that putting that power in the hands of a single person would result in the country being at war too much.

On that subject, not nearly enough Americans understand that it’s not a coincidence that a century of war perfectly coincides with a century of The Federal Reserve. These wars wouldn’t be possible with sound money.

But to address your specific concern, I’m 100% convinced Johnson is shutting down congress because he doesn’t want to allow votes on Congressman Thomas Massie’s Epstein 2 bill and his motions to impeach Secretary of Defense (war) Pete Hegseth. You may or may not know that Johnson stalled reconvening congress last year for weeks trying to prevent a vote on Massie’s first Epstein bill. It passed, but now that it’s law, it’s clear that the bill doesn’t have the teeth it needs to force action by our DOJ or FBI.

Massie (and MIT graduate with several patents to his name) is a smart one. My guess is he’ll find a way to get it done.

3 Likes

@Mark_Rocka I understand how Congress Works as regards the War Powers Act ( It’s much the same in the UK Parliament although we have a special emergency committee that responds in an emergency, but Parliament - The Commons and the Lords and all political parties have a valid vote although the Commons has the final say) Our King is just a figurehead although he does sign all Acts of Parliament into law

I am aware of the reasons behind Johnson decision to shut down the House. If he had any courage to speak of he would put Massie’s Bill to the test. I think Massie has a valid point and the American People should know the facts. If Politicians are not at work then IMHO they should not get paid.

I do hope you are right and Massie finds a way to get the job done. I just think Johnson is a coward, he runs away and hides any time there is a challenge placed in front of him.

3 Likes

Glad you’re not talking politics. Election Day is coming up soon.
Lately I’ve been working on “Sailor’s Hornpipe” thanks to your inspiration from a few years back. It is definitely counterintuitive!

2 Likes

The leaves are starting to change here. Not from the temps, but from simple lack of water. Reminds me I should change my banjo strings!

4 Likes

Medium or light gauge? Just curious.

Mediums on a pre war Gibson. Lights on a Twanger.

1 Like

If those dog gone politicians have their way, you won’t be able to get medium gauge strings any more!
:rofl:

I use Medium Heavies on my Stelling not sure what I use on my Gold Tone but it definitely pushes out some “Twang” Tariffs on imported strings are going up 50% best stock up before Chiristmas.

rudolph-skiing

Is it TOO POLITICAL to mention that word in September.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Rocka I just learned that Massie & Khanna have secured 218 Signatures for their Epstein Transparency Act 2.0 bill. How significant is that?

I guess the impeachment bill will follow in due course. Running away never solves the problem it simply delays the outcome . After all didn’t Hegseth p— off a few generals a while back. Court Marshal pending perhaps? If only George as still alive he would know what to do.

It’s huge. Once the bill goes up for a vote, every politician knows that a vote against it is political suicide. That’s why the first Epstein bill got 99% in favor… a veto proof majority. Trump was forced to sign it… which was hilarious because afterwards he was bragging about how he signed it. :laughing:

In reality, democrats will almost certainly take control of the house and senate come November, so bills like this will be a lot easier to push through. I just worry about what other bills will be easier to push through. There’s a concerning rise in numbers among the “democratic socialists” over here. I can’t really say I blame them. Republicans are supposed to be for a free market, and yet Trump’s admin has purchased shares in over 30 companies, made the entire world’s goods cost more, gave yet another group of corporations immunity from law suits, and is now trying to entice votes by offering $5000 checks. If you’ve been taught that THAT’S capitalism, why wouldn’t you want to try socialism?

1 Like

Since my more nuanced attempt to shut this down failed, I’ll be a bit more direct.

Sounds like y’all can have a very interesting private message interchange :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes sir. Sorry.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I think drums should be in bluegrass.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean for this to slide beyond my original post @BanjoBen I am grateful that you allowed it some airtime. I promise not to expand it any further.

God bless the US Military and all who serve in a civilian capacity to support the troops and their families. We must never forget that civilians work to support units on active service.

1 Like

No drums but tambourines are cool. As long as you only shake them and don’t hit the head in a percussive manner.

1 Like

So what I’m hearing is “It’s OK to fight here… just not about politics.” :laughing::wink:

1 Like

There’s no sound difference between a Bluechip and a fender medium

3 Likes

Since we are going down this road…… I don’t understand why nobody around here seems to like electric banjo. You have to admit, a little Clinch Mountain Backstep through a Marshall stack and distortion pedal is pretty bad a- -!

Well, Buck Trent has at least one fan :slight_smile: @FIrebelly. Although, I am confident he had more, back in the day when he was with Porter Waggoner, including me, probably, but that was country music, and I was a kid then, so apples to oranges vs. bluegrass.

1 Like