Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Covid-19 & Musical Instruments

Not at Euphemisism that I know of…Just seeing Steve Martin cleaning is instruments in the wash tub cracked me up. The way I play fiddle, my family would probably like mine to get a little “water logged” (don’t know if that’s a Louisiana country term or not)

1 Like

I know Stuart just an London English Lad married to a Scottish Glaswegian we hardly get through a sentence in our house without corrupting it or adding a colloquialism from Somewhere in the World. As we lived in Texas for a while we even say Yonder a Y’all sometimes LOL.

2 Likes

Hi Justin I respect your POV. I know there is a lot of politics about this topic in the US right now. But you gotta look beyond the borders of your country and see what is happening in the the rest of the world to see the bigger picture.

At this time the US is ahead of the leader-board with the most confirmed cases and the most deaths recorded (whether or not you believe this to be true) but at some point in the near future that record will be smashed by India for sure.

Europe is now on it’s second spike and numbers are pretty much double what they were during the first spike.

India with a population of over 1,385,384,725 which got off to a much later start with Covid than the rest of the world has yet to reach the top of it’s first spike and currently has 9,050,442 cases and 132,761 recorded deaths Brazil currently has 5,987,219 cases and 168,218 recorded deaths. So I am sure you can appreciate the rest of the world does not view this as the flu and definitely not fake news or indeed a hoax.

Here in central Scotland we are currently on tier 4 lockdown Scotland currently has 85,612 cases and 3,427 recorded deaths. The vast majority of the population wear masks and follow the strict government guidelines in place. We do not see this as a breach of our rights, we look on it as common sense and a respect for our nations health and wellbeing.

1 Like

We were just mandated to have gatherings limited to 8 people by the mayor of Davidson county. That, along with his 35% tax hike this year, is the reason we will be leaving Tennessee in the [near] future. I am 99.7% sure of that.

5 Likes

Please, no Cockney rhyming slang! That will really confuse any issue.

“Britain & America are two great nations, separated by a common language!” :smile:

2 Likes

Well, For one, i live in canada not USA. With all that i said, i still respect your point of view and respect you for doing likewise. if you don’t mind, i don’t think the forum is a very good place to have a one on one discussion with someone on a subject like this :wink: :smile:

4 Likes

Any chance you are in the Kingston area?
When the border restrictions are lifted, maybe we could get together & pick al little!

2 Likes

My bad Justin I assumed you were from the US. Personally I don’t feel this is the place to debate politics. But the point was raised and I felt I needed to respond. Still friends I hope.

2 Likes

Well that would be cool! I live about 2-3 hours away from there. i’m in a little town called port burwell.

Sure we are!! no hard feeling on my part.

1 Like

Hey, this could be fun! Would that be close to Peterborough? I’ve been wanting to visit the canoe museum there.

1 Like

not really… its on the coast of lake erie.

Gotcha. If I can get my canoe thru the Welland Canal, we will do it!

1 Like

lol Ive been there lots of times :sweat_smile:

HOLY BUCKETS!! I just found an article that says your property taxes will go up to $4.221 per $100. That’s a little under double what mine are in Omaha, NE, and I thought we had high property taxes. My wife and I were already making plans to move somewhere with less taxes when my boys graduate.

1 Like

Hydrogen Peroside.

Correction…Hydrogen Peroxide.

Texas? (Bluer everyday). South Carolina? Idaho? Wyoming? Hmmm. :thinking:

You got it right, Michael! But the problem is, I think the state government also thinks they got it right, and they think they have the right to infringe upon your right under the circumstance (emergency situation)! Which is where they go wrong. Bad advisors! A believable emergency situation due to war or an epidemic is totally different and acceptable by most people instantly as opposed to a situation where government is attempting by force to make many believe. They can’t equate the latter with the former to make a case to infringe upon your right.

My open advise to the government sometime ago was this: Isaiah 1:26 “26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.” I thought the present federal government was sincere in implementing this. Btw, the previous verse has the “drain the swamp”!

2 Likes

I spoke to one person in India a couple of hours ago, he said practically no mask, not even 6-inch distancing, and life goes on. But when they implemented this covid rules, they were extremely strict and made sure every one obeyed it. People were controllable so now it seems they no longer require this obedience check so much. Btw India uses Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) so you can guess how it will be.

3 Likes