Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Clone Ben and Jake!

Can we just clone Ben and Jake and send them over to open a store in the UK? :yum:
Don’t know of anyone who is so passionate about their products and customer satisfaction and go that extra mile. If it wasn’t for the import duty and shipping, I would order everything I need from the general store. :disappointed_relieved: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Perhaps a visit to the US is in order? How much can you take home duty free?

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile: I do wish I could clone @Jake!

2 Likes

If Banjo Ben cloned himself, at least he could be his own Boss. :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Haven’t been to the US in a long time. Won’t be going anytime soon as looking after a 1 year old is filling a lot of my time, and rewarding time it is too. :wink:

4 Likes

Whooo boy! Nothing will plant your butt firmly inside your home like a young 'un. We just took our 2 year old to Washington D.C. for his first vacation a few weeks ago. He’s still not ready. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When your kids are old enough to play in your family band, you have no idea how rewarding it will be. For us, it’s a tremendous blessing to be able to play together under the same roof. Would give anything to clone my kids now!

2 Likes

Tell me about it haha :wink: My daughters not quite walking yet, but any day soon. She’s into everything :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m hoping she will be interested in banjo, guitar and bluegrass/ country music. However, so much influence from pop and rock at school will probably make her rebel lol. :roll_eyes::grin:
I wish we had the bluegrass culture that you have in the US, where family’s all play music and grow up with bluegrass and its a big thing over there. Whereas over in the UK not so. :confused: I can only hope if I play enough around her she will soak it up like a sponge. :grinning:
Sorry @Archie I should have probably posted this into general chit chat as I’ve wandered off topic a bit. :wink:

2 Likes

Agree @Jono I would also love to buy from the store but not really viable with the import duty and agree totally that there attention to detail in customer focus is amazing you just don’t get that here in my opinion

I’ve got a 16 year old who’s got a talent for piano but she just has no interest in playing or continuing to learn it and she’s always saying “dad stop playing that banjo it’s annoying”

@Deere_Crossing Neil you are so lucky to have your daughter interested in playing a musical instrument so cherish that and continue to embrace it it’s a special time and you are both so talented

Happy good Friday :+1:

4 Likes

Yes @Lee_G I’m keeping my fingers crossed she has the musical talent passed on and she will want to learn. At the moment we are all just brainwashed by Peppa Pig. :joy:
Happy good Friday to everyone.

3 Likes

Lol… I’ve been there pal and played Daddy Pig :grinning:

Cherish that time as it does fly

1 Like

Well that’s what one might think, but actually apart from parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, and north Carolina, bluegrass isn’t very popular. You’d think Texas would have a bluegrass scene, but surprisingly (and dissapointingly) they don’t.

3 Likes

@Lee_G This comment tells me that Lee is practicing Correctly! I’m always apologizing to Linda (my wife) for the annoying practice “loops” too, but usually wait until people are doing something away, then put on headphones and repeat those annoying tough-spots endlessly…The price paid for getting better. Keep up the spirit! :wink:

1 Like

@Dragonslayer is correct about Bluegrass not very popular outside of Nashville or a few other places. I grew up listening to my grandfather play some tunes on his guitar, but never heard it on the radio. Other than satellite radio, I have never personally heard a station on the radio that was dedicated to Bluegrass. And on a side note, most of the new mainstream country music here has gone to crap…With a few exceptions, it is all what I would consider “pop” music.

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve heard a lot of the new mainstream country music myself and agree that it has gone ‘poppy’. It seems to be losing its roots which is such a shame. :disappointed_relieved: I guess it’s because record companies are finding it harder to compete with the pop world and bring in the revenue, so this is their only option. That’s the trouble when everything becomes about making money sadly.
I think we should embrace Gene Roddenberry’s world, where the acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force, but everyone working for the good of mankind/womankind. :wink:

1 Like

It’s been my experience at least at Campgrounds, that the Bluegrass Players bring over the interested neighbors to listen and sing along. The dudes trying to play hard-metal Rock often sound a little silly without their effects-boxes , guitar amps and voice-distortion devices. When the going gets rough, Bluegrass Rules! :joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::grin::grinning::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes