Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Clinch Mountain Backstep arrangement

So I thought I’d follow @Flatpickin_Libby’s idea to share my contest arrangement for Galax as well. All feedback and suggestions are welcome! :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Excellent Lucy - So serious - you have a beautiful smile too - let it shine thru 1

7 Likes

Great job Lucy!

7 Likes

Thanks Archie! Good advice too, I sometimes forget to smile when I’m thinking hard about the arrangement although I know it makes you look like you’re having fun when you do! :smiley:

6 Likes

Something the judges look for - connecting with your audience - it’s such a small factor that has a huge impact. handshake

6 Likes

Wow Wow Wow! Very nicely done :blush::hugs:

The only thing I can think of to make it better is a smile or two. Let your audience know you’re having fun.

9 Likes

I agree, that is great! Love the way you play with the timing and the overall feel is spot on!

Well done!

5 Likes

Hi Lucy when your name and number is called at the contest know that I will be there in spirit to remind you to smile and I am sure the good Lord will be watching over you.

4 Likes

Thanks @Flatpickin_Libby @MissMaggie @Mike_R @Archie!

4 Likes

Absolutely love :purple_heart: your Clinch Mtn arrangement!! You’ve done an awesome job!
I’d have to agree with @Archie & @MissMaggie that a lil smile :slightly_smiling_face: or two :grin: would just top it all off! (& This coming from me (:rofl:) who finds it difficult to pick & grin…)
Wishing u a nice clean run & best of luck in the competition! Rooting for u as well!! Have fun!!

6 Likes

Outstanding!

2 Likes

I love those triplets. Many times triplets are thrown in just to do so and often not executed well, but these were spot on.

8 Likes

Thank you so much! And thanks to help from Jake Workman for the idea :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks @Simone @Jeff_Perryman! :musical_note:

4 Likes

Yeah, sounded very Jake-ish :slight_smile: That’s always a good thing. Here’s another triplet idea if you want to integrate it.

14 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for taking time to do that! I like that idea, I’ll work on putting it in! :+1:

5 Likes

Sounds great! I’m in awe of you folks that can put together cool arrangments!

Stephen

6 Likes

Thanks @cassell90! I’ve been working on this one for a long time now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bet your family gets invited to a lot of backyard bbqs. “Yeah, sure food will be on around three. Hey, how about bringing your instruments and playing a few tunes?” At least, that is the scam I’d be running.

4 Likes

Wonderful!! You play with great tone Lucy!! Very nice.

6 Likes