Cliff Killingsworth from Pensacola, Florida

20180502_082244

@cliff.killingsworth
What’s your favorite lesson on Ben’s site?
My favorite lesson is Waypoints.

What’s your instrument of choice and what was your inspiration to learn how to play?
Instrument - banjo. Inspiration Flat and Scruggs. I was looking for a better way to spend time and I enjoyed saxophone when I was a kid. I always enjoyed playing music.

What’s your goal when playing?
My goal is to be able to join jam sessions and play with other musicians.

How long have you been playing?
I have been playing 10 months.

What’s your favorite hobby?
Hobbies include hunting, fishing, archery, beekeeping.

How long have you been a Gold Pick member?
I have been a gold pick member 10 months.

What do you do for a living?
Occupation - pest control

Congrats Cliff on being selected for this weeks Gold Picker of the week.

Way to go Cliff. Enjoy those jams!

Awesome! Congrats Cliff! Nice to see you here.

Congratulations Cliff! Nice getting to know you. I know some friends from Jersey that are into “pest control” too. :wink:

Beekeeping, huh? Pretty cool. You have your own apiary? I’ve always thought that was cool. My land is too small to have any hives.

Congratulations Cliff Killingsworth!

Thank you all. My brother has been a beekeeper 20 years. I just take the stings for him for a dash of honey. I have 3 active hives.
I am enjoying the forum almost as much as the lessons here on banjo ben. I am tinkering with Flinthill Special, and Earl’s Breakdown after getting some Keith tuners from the store here. Two of my favorite scruggs tunes. I will obviously have to get back to the lessons after a delusional hiatus into Foggy Mountain but they sure are fun. I look forward to more Pickers of the week. Don’t forget your make over like I did if you are going to go admit in public to pickin banjo.

Congrats to you SIR!

Congrats Cliff. Always great when you find a new love like the banjo. Keep it up.