Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cleaning my banjer

Hay pickers, I use a instrument stand to hold my Banjo and can wipe down most of it but around the tuner heads and the hooks holding the resonator how do you clean it? I don’t have a hard case, and don’t like it sitting in my gig bag. but the dust dose give me an out on a bad note. oh that’s because of the dust made me do it lol. thanks for the help and “Bless your little pea picking hearts” ok who use to say that (age test) :joy:

4 Likes

Hi @Sailor good_post

A couple of things. Small paint brush, cotton buds, tobacco pipe cleaners. Non abrasive metal polish, canned air all come in handy.

Some light gun oil on the hoop tensioners one single drop in each hole will prevent any rust forming.

For the fretboard lemon oil. Woodwork furniture polish,

3 Likes

I usually just take a cloth, or shirt, or anything soft and work it through the small areas. Like stick it in one side and pull out the other, while making sure it’s getting all the dust. It works super well. I also dust off the headstock super well when I change strings.

2 Likes

Hi @Mason_Crone a lot depends on the banjo make some you can’t get anything under the tension hooks hence the canned air.

2 Likes

thanks to all. will let you know what I do and if I find a helpful trick, God Bless. :smiley:

1 Like