Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Christmas Light Banjo Hack

The benefit of my entire family having Covid, I have time to add banjo lights!

Merry Christmas!

20 Likes

Awww man, the whole family got covid. I’m so sorry to hear that, but thoughts and prayers everyone makes a swift and full recovery.

And the banjo lights are cool! Can you actually play it with those in there? Cuz you just might have to post us a Christmas video… :eyes: :grin:

4 Likes

Sorry that your family has “the rona” as the kids in school here say. Prayers for a full recovery. The lights are pretty awesome–I’m guessing battery.

1 Like

@Simone I need to make some additional modifications as lights somehow affect it staying in tune. Also, they kind of muzzle the sound a little. But, thanks for the prayers! We’re doing fine - son had a fever for about a day. The rest of us felt like we had a mild cold.

3 Likes

@blkelk31051 Thanks for the prayers. Yes, they are battery powered LEDs.

3 Likes

David you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You banjo certainly brings so warm Christmas cheer

2 Likes

Hope you and your loved ones get rid of the vid ASAP. and my question is how long of an extension cord you pack with that??? Oh I geuse it depend on where your gigs at ! :sunglasses: (awesome they look cool)

1 Like

Hey @jon1 it is actually low voltage LEDs that run on a battery pack I just sucure to the back of the banjo.

1 Like

Hope you can change the color’s that would be a bonus!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

David, that is too cool! Looks awesome, hope you and your family are well and Merry Christmas!

1 Like

@Jeff_Perryman always great to hear from you. We’re about over the rona’ - hope things are going well out in NC for you. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Man, I thought I was cutting edge by just having lights. Tough crowd!

4 Likes

Thanks @Archie!

That is excellent! Absolutely brilliant!

I saw a battery powered set of lights that responded to music (might have been at walmart). I am thinking Ben needs to buy a monopoly share of those for sale at the General Store for next Christmas.

4 Likes

You are a smart man.

1 Like

So, the choir director at my church saw the banjo lights & asked me to play a couple songs for the Christmas Eve service. (Lots of fun) Anyway, the lights in the above picture were touching the banjo head & really muffled the sound (even though they looked cool). So, I removed the lights and secured them to the resonator and kept them from touching the head. I also attached them to the outside rim of the resonator. Anyway, when I made the change, the sound was unaffected & the banjo sounded like “normal.” “Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house . . . some redneck was trying to figure his banjo lights out.”

4 Likes