Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Christmas Jam at Assisted Living Places

Today I had a pleasure of playing some Christmas tunes with some fellow pickers at a couple assisted living facilities near where I live. We had a great group of musicians, including one who I’d never played with before. Everyone had a good time playing and the residents all seemed to enjoy us. We are by no means a professional group and we made some flubs…but there were no train wrecks and we got a lot of applause and positive feedback.

6 Likes

I find my most receptive audience at the School for the Deaf.

3 Likes

Well done Ron!!!

1 Like

Haha

1 Like

Thanks. We are coordinating a return to these facilities in late March…we’ll do bluegrass and Americana standards for them. One group asked us to play Rocky Top…we hadn’t played that as a group before but the banjo player knew all the words so we just played along. Great fun!

1 Like

A couple nights ago our group assembled to jam in practice for our mid -April jams at the same two assisted living places. I had been away from my mandolin for a couple months (escaped part of Wisconsin winter and went back to Australia) so I was a tad rusty! I’ve also scheduled a Summer Jam at Ron’s House…why is my wife already complaining? (She’s not a bluegrass fan…). It was fun to play the other night and I’m looking forward to some more pickin’ in the coming months!

1 Like

Hats Off to you ScubaNut.
Considering being able to do this as a long term goal . . . :crossed_fingers::smiley::+1:
These residents are truly appreciative of your talent and providing them with a small ray of happiness
in their golden years.