Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Charlie, Me, and the Pentatonic C

Good times with my girl!

35 Likes

Beautiful Father & Daughter moment.

10 Likes

Awesome job Charlie Bell! :slightly_smiling_face::grin::+1::clap:
@Archie hit the nail on the head w his post!
This is something we can work on with our own instruments as well, thanks for highlighting it in such a great way Ben!

8 Likes

Go Charlie!

Wow, I think that is a great instinct to teach that. Even if improvisation isnโ€™t something she ends up doing often with music, just the base skills of listening and responding are huge. Last Sunday I was talking about that very issue to a buddy who has been around a long time and made a living writing music . He has a show in a few weeks for which he is putting together some musicians and said there seems to be a huge supply of folks that have the chops, but he was having trouble getting people that listen and respond musically.

7 Likes

That smile on Dadโ€™s face says it all. Very beautiful Charlie!

6 Likes

Hello Charlie Bell! Sweet girl! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wonderful teaching, and what a joy to have that experience with your own child. Kind of like an auditory version of finger painting. Instead of getting out the paints and letting a child experiment and create a (messy) masterpiece, you gave her the notes of a scale and let her experiment and create musically. The synaptic connections youโ€™re generating at that age will impact her life in many ways youโ€™ll never know, and not just musically. Very cool.

6 Likes

Ben may have noticed some significant traffic to this lesson, which could have something to do with the fact that after I showed the video to my granddaughter (28 months old) she has had me play it for her dozens of times! I was able to catch iteration # 37 hereโ€ฆ https://youtu.be/Ej46jw0lQyw

6 Likes

Oh my goodness I canโ€™t wait to show Charlie!

2 Likes

What a cutie!

2 Likes