Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Charlie, Me, and the Pentatonic C

Good times with my girl!

35 Likes

Beautiful Father & Daughter moment.

10 Likes

Awesome job Charlie Bell! :slightly_smiling_face::grin::+1::clap:
@Archie hit the nail on the head w his post!
This is something we can work on with our own instruments as well, thanks for highlighting it in such a great way Ben!

8 Likes

Go Charlie!

Wow, I think that is a great instinct to teach that. Even if improvisation isn’t something she ends up doing often with music, just the base skills of listening and responding are huge. Last Sunday I was talking about that very issue to a buddy who has been around a long time and made a living writing music . He has a show in a few weeks for which he is putting together some musicians and said there seems to be a huge supply of folks that have the chops, but he was having trouble getting people that listen and respond musically.

7 Likes

That smile on Dad’s face says it all. Very beautiful Charlie!

6 Likes

Hello Charlie Bell! Sweet girl! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wonderful teaching, and what a joy to have that experience with your own child. Kind of like an auditory version of finger painting. Instead of getting out the paints and letting a child experiment and create a (messy) masterpiece, you gave her the notes of a scale and let her experiment and create musically. The synaptic connections you’re generating at that age will impact her life in many ways you’ll never know, and not just musically. Very cool.

6 Likes

Ben may have noticed some significant traffic to this lesson, which could have something to do with the fact that after I showed the video to my granddaughter (28 months old) she has had me play it for her dozens of times! I was able to catch iteration # 37 here… https://youtu.be/Ej46jw0lQyw

6 Likes

Oh my goodness I can’t wait to show Charlie!

2 Likes

What a cutie!

2 Likes