Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Capo Question

I met a banjo player recently who has a capo that has a plate that slips between the fretboard and the underside of the strings and a regular clamp over the top of the strings. I didn’t get an opportunity to chat with him on what make and where he bought it from. Have any of you guys seen this type of capo and can shed some light on who makes this design. I have a problem with my Twanger where I have to retune every string every time I put on / remove the capo. I’d like to see if this type of capo would solve this problem.

3 Likes

Might be a Fret Paw capo?

I think @MissMaggie mentioned that she got one a while back.

Thanks @Michael_Mark I tried following the links from the article dated 2016 but it would appear the company that sells them is no longer trading - the site according to my browser is insecure. I wonder where @MissMaggie made her purchase.

Hi guys, I did indeed get the fretpaw. The link above was correct and that’s where I learned about it. I tried to find the guy that made them out of his garage, but I couldn’t find him. It’s a shame because it really works great. If I hear anything I’ll let you know.

Cheers,
Maggie

8 Likes

Hey @MissMaggie Great to see you back on the forum it’s been a while.1

4 Likes

Hello @MissMaggie! image

4 Likes

She’s baaaaaaackkkkkkk

7 Likes