Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cane Toad Pick Pouch

HI Folks

Anyone bought and use the Cane Toad Pick Pouch?
Is it big or small, is it easy to carry around?
how do you carry it around?
What picks or things do you put in your pouch?

I play mandolin and banjo. I have picks for each that I want to have access to. I also use the Blue Chip pick and I don’t want to lose that either.

Please let me know of your experience with this product.

Thanks
DLS

1 Like

It’s a pretty decent size, not too small, about good eatin size.

5 Likes

I asked my daughter to get me one as a gift and she flatly refused on the grounds “they are gross!” I bought mine from some outfit in Maine. They are as hideous & as repulsive as advertised, so I bought two & love 'em!
I wear a size Large glove and the Cane Toad fills the palm of my hand, with a bit sticking out.
I fit four finger picks, three thumb picks and a banjo mute into my Cane Toad, which I named “Pete.” Fans of “Oh Brother Where art Thou” will understand.

Watch out for the zipper. One of my toads had a defective nylon zipper which would not close properly. The Toad Shop replaced the toad, but it is not the world’s most rugged zipper.

For carrying purposes, a lanyard around the neck with a cane toad attached to it is a real conversation starter!
toad

5 Likes

I want one LOL

2 Likes
4 Likes

A bit gruesome @BanjoBen

2 Likes

Right. When I wanted one, everybody was sold out, even Banjo Ben’s!
I finally tracked down another source, and naturally paid more.

And it’s U_G_L_Y !!

2 Likes

Excellent :+1:t2::grin::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!!!

2 Likes

its an actual cane toad made into a pouch ???

2 Likes

Yep, check out the product page:

2 Likes

just ordered one

3 Likes

Great picture and great place to store things. I like the lanyard around the neck idea!!!

Thank you kindly for this

DLS

1 Like

When you are into BG, Gruesome is OK.

I saw your pictures of your Charlie Belle shooting squirrel to eat!! We call them tree rats up north! Never ate one. I am sure you would try one Ben, just sayin!!

2 Likes

I ordered one and it is on its way !!!