Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cabin Camp 2020 Registration!

For those who couldn’t get a spot, I want to say I’m really sorry. I’m learning during this process and quite overwhelmed by the response, honestly. Due to the response, I’m leaning heavily toward a banjo-centric camp next fall incorporating various levels of instruction. Thanks for growing with me!

9 Likes

I m still trying to find the playlist suggestions for the April Cabin Camp. Help please

2 Likes

Hey Art. Nothing official yet. I sent a tentative list over to Ben for approval. We’ll probably be posting it up really soon.

5 Likes

Who’s going to be the bass instructor at camp? Just curious

2 Likes

It’s my understanding it’ll be Abby, the current bass player for The Purple Hulls. She’s the one that sang lead on the recent National Anthem trio video that was posted. She’s a crazy good musician. Have you seen her pick a guitar?

4 Likes

Oh awesome! I had been hoping so, so I hope you understand correctly. I have already expressed much admiration for her talent in this thread

Which I believe has a video of the Hartley family playing the dusty trail which has recently become a favorite of mine to listen to

3 Likes

Well there you go. The knowledge has come full circle. I’m sure I saw that video because of your post. I just didn’t remember where I’d seen it. I can’t wait to see her do some picking during the nightly jams. I hope she doesn’t stick to the bass.

3 Likes

I was a tuba / sousaphone player all through school. I hope there is an opportunity for me to learn a little about a bass.

I thinking a bass would look good in my living room. :flushed:

5 Likes

They DO look nice sitting in the corner. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I like Tuna. Better yet, sea bass. I’d love them for dinner! :wink:

3 Likes

I’m pretty pumped about attending camp in March! Looking forward to meeting everyone. Gotta work on losing some more weight between now and then so it averages out with the gain that comes from eating Damon’s cooking for a few days… :wink:

7 Likes

Hey @Michael_Mark, are you gonna be at camp in March? I’ll be fulfilling your wish for more youth to show up

3 Likes

Yes, I am planning to be there! It’ll be great to meet everyone!

3 Likes

@Dragonslayer and @Michael_Mark some people have all the luck. I will be there in spirit though…

4 Likes

I don’t believe in luck. But my musical endeavors have been most serendipitously blessed in several ways

5 Likes

I guess we are blessed in different ways. Like a new banjo.

3 Likes

I made it in the April Camp (Guitar)… This is my first one. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Coming from Central Florida…

6 Likes

Hello 5-String Pilgrim,
Reading your bio we have much in common. Christian, husband, dad, grandpa, banjo & guitar picker… I also started playing at an early age, but pawned all my instruments after I was married to raise my wonderful family. I picked the banjo back up about 5 years ago (playing a little at church) and most recently (back in January) purchased a guitar, which is where I’m putting my focus at this time in life.

3 Likes

Hello @Chuck_R
It is good to meet you. I went to the March 2019 camp with my guitar because the banjo slots filled up. What a blessing. I got a banjo slot this time. I can’t wait.

I come up with the 5-String Pilgrim at camp after I met the @5stringpreacher . The people are great!

4 Likes

Hey Gunnar, I’m taking my daughter to see The Purple Hulls play tonight. I’ll try to remember to confirm it’s Abby teaching bass at camp for you.

3 Likes