Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cabin Camp 2 Pictures - April 2021

Saturday Night…

25 Likes

Lookin good @ChrisWms Thank you for sharing

6 Likes

Wow, an all-star gang and some great photography. Thanks Chris!

3 Likes

Thanks, Chris (@ChrisWms)! Those are impressive photos—a great reminder of a really amazing camp. Thanks for sharing. By the way, it was fun doing that surprise battle of the bands with y’all. Do you know if anyone got videos of those performances?

4 Likes

Is that Gunnar on the bass?

8 Likes

@Hillbilly_picker Yes. He said he got dressed up to play bass :grin:. Gunnar was one of the support staff and did a great job.

10 Likes

Nice lighting and pictures look great!

Gunnar, if that is you, you look great as well! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like y’all had a lot of fun! Nice pictures :+1: Hey @Dragonslayer lookn’ sharp my friend and nice shoes! Paying your respects to the Dillards I see. :joy:

8 Likes

Love love these pictures. Alan looks great! Is that Gunner dressed up as Pee-Wee Herman?

Thanks for sending these, really enjoyed them.

6 Likes

Great shots, Chris! Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

Is that Maddie Denton fiddling?

3 Likes

It is, indeed. I’ve never seen anything like her playing. We were in the living room working up songs for the performance when she arrived. The Purple Hulls were practicing an original Maddie had never heard. It didn’t matter. She jumped in and made it sound like she’d been playing it her whole life.

The talent surrounding me was unbelievably humbling.

12 Likes

Besides Ben’s sisters, I guess I could spot a familiar face, Mr Rocka as well! :wink:

4 Likes

I didn’t really deserve to be on that stage with that level of talent. Thank God for the upright bass. :laughing:

6 Likes

lol upright bass… sure you to get you straighten up… But I know and I guess sometimes it’s good to be in the middle, even if you are not the best, you’re not the worst, I mean among all participants, you know?! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Mark_Rocka from where I am sitting you are a lot better than you give yourself credit for. Grab any opportunity to play with great musicians some of their skills will rub off on you. Look at me, before joining @BanjoBen as a student I couldn’t play through a tune without a train wreck. Now I have the confidence to record myself having a train wreck now that’s progress hat_wave

Know this. Even if no one else enjoys your playing I am your No1 fan.

7 Likes

Hey @Dragonslayer Gunnar I hardly didn’t recognise you with your long trousers jacket & tie, Are you sporting a new haircut too ? Very smart Sir! bass

9 Likes

@JKL my wife “tried” to get video but she did time lapse :frowning:

2 Likes

I think you can convert time lapsed video to normal video on iPhone. There might be a little slider on the bottom of the video in Photos that allows you to adjust how much of the video the time lapse affects.

4 Likes

Yep @JKL, we recorded vid/audio and will be sending that out in the coming weeks.

6 Likes