Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Bridge

Hey Ben,

on your BanjoBen banjo, what kind of bridge is that you are using?

I have an old bone and ebony bridge on my banjo and I am wanting to change it up after many years to something different that would change my sound a little bit.

I was wondering what kinds of bridges do you like?

thanks

DLS

Hi Dean, @BanjoBen plays several different banjos during his lessons. If you can identify which banjo your looking at I am sure he would be better able to answer your query

I know a lot of folks around the General Store like the Snuffy Smith bridges. Jake talked me in to the JD Crowe spacing on the Snuffy I bought and I have loved it.

Years ago Snuffy set up my Whyte Eagle. He installed a bridge and head. When the Twanger arrived I pulled out my other two banjos and started testing. In the end the Blades bridge had the sharpest tone. The Snuffy Smith was a close second. I ordered a second Blades bridge just to have an extra to swap out. Next rainy day I may put a Snuffy bridge on the Twanger.

2 Likes

Thanks to you all for replying to my post. What is the difference between a compensated bridge and the regular in line bridge besides looks?

1 Like

Hi Dean, I have no idea, I tried one on my banjo years ago but apart from looks I didn’t hear anything different

1 Like

I use Snuffy Smiths a lot and also the Scorpion bridges are awesome, used by tons of pros: https://store.banjobenclark.com/products/scorpion-bridge

3 Likes