Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Brad Littleton from Tahlequah, OK!

What was it that first got you interested in playing the guitar, mandolin or banjo?
I had a love of Bluegrass music from a young age. Having family in southern Arkansas Bluegrass music was at the center of family gatherings.

How long have you been playing and what’s your motivation to play?
I have been playing the guitar for about 10 years. My motivation to play comes from my love for Bluegrass music and wanting to pass that to my kids.

What’s your goal when playing?
My goal is to constantly improve when playing music as well as have a good time doing it.

Do you have a favorite technique? What is it?
I can’t say I have a favorite technique. I like to include a little bit of all that I know.

If you could play in anyone’s band, who would it be and why?
I would love to be good enough to play in the Byron Berline Band with one of the fiddling greats of all time. I have followed his band and that Thomas Trapp he has picking with him is amazing.

If money was no object, what would be your dream instrument(s)?
I’d love to be able to pick a vintage Martin D28 before I die.

If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I’d first and foremost spend that extra time with my kids teaching them to pick an instrument that they love and learn to play it. I’d also spend that time hunting and fishing with my kids.

How did you find out about Banjo Ben?
I actually found out about Banjo Ben while listening to the Purple Hulls.

Thanks for letting us feature you Brad!

18 Likes

Congratulations on being member of the week, Brad! I enjoyed reading your interview and I hope you get that dream D-28 someday! Keep on picking! :guitar:

7 Likes

Hey Brad, Congratulations on being picked as the Gold Picker of the week. I really enjoyed your interview. I too am in search of the elusive Martin D28 but very blessed to be able to be a member of the Banjo Ben family and enjoy learning here. God Bless you and your family and Happy Pickin’ brother.

6 Likes

Brad, congrats on being the gpotw!

3 Likes

Awesome write up Brad congrats!

4 Likes

Good stuff!

1 Like

That’s a nice part of the country you’re in. You aren’t too far from the Double Stop Fiddle Shop so you may get to do a little picking with Byron someday. Keep practicing.

1 Like

Congrats and Welcome, Brad! I hope to see you around the forum

1 Like