Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Blackberry Blossom with Kenny Smith

Probably my favorite highlight of camp! This jam happened on Ben’s porch at the end of Friday night.
Featuring @Dragonslayer on guitar and @oaklymaple on the bass and high-tech camera solution.

21 Likes

Just curious, who was the best guitarist?

2 Likes

Take a wild guess…

3 Likes

Lead players come & go…but I absolutely love Kenny Smith’s rhythm playing!

3 Likes

Making Memories. This is good stuff.

4 Likes

Me, obviously. :joy:

2 Likes

This jam was beneath him, so he decided to play the lowly bass and simultaneously capture an epic video angle.

8 Likes

Thats the story I’m going with at least…

3 Likes

Ok Scotty where is your video?

1 Like

Sorry, It’s @Michael_Mark.

Everyone else ignore the lie i just said i really want Micheal to feel good since he’s really not a good musician at all.

1 Like

Yeah he really needs the ego boost.

2 Likes

@oaklymaple, cool! :slight_smile: And good job, guys! You’re all in a different league now!

2 Likes

:joy: In all seriousness, you know my egotistical-sounding jokes are just jokes, right? I know I have a weird sense of humor but I don’t want to sound condescending.

3 Likes

He tried to send it to me but it was really blurry. If we figure that out we’ll post it here.

2 Likes

Haha i was just kidding as well. My sense of humor can get pretty messed up at times :joy:

3 Likes

Wow! Tearing’ it up guys! That was awesome!

4 Likes

That was great! Amazing job! I would have felt totally out of my comfort zone in that jam!! I’m actually currently about to start working on this song, because I’ve never been able to play it really well. Just got tab from Jake and hoping to tackle it! :crossed_swords: Must have been something else picking with Kenny sitting there watching. :fearful:

6 Likes

My outward reaction when Kenny kicks off the song: :smiley:

Me inwardly: :grimacing: :woozy_face:

7 Likes

Well you seemed to hold up pretty decent @Michael_Mark. THat was a pretty good tempo that Kenny kicked it off at tho.

5 Likes

Honestly, any time I jam with Kenny I play a whole lot better. He somehow inspires me to just do everything way better than I actually can.

6 Likes